Sign in to follow this  
Mookamoo

Autism Friendly Cinema Screening

There will be a Autism Friendly Cinema Screening in Bury St. Edmunds Suffolk

nvite extended family and friends to come along too...we are hosting our first Autistic Friendly cinema screening at the Hollywood Cinema in Bury St Edmunds and we want a really full cinema! It will cost £3.00 each to come in. The lights will be left on low, the volume will be reduced, you are welcome to get up and move about if you need to and those with restricted diets can bring their own preferred snacks and drinks. Pop-corn, snacks, ice-creams and drinks will be available from the kiosk as usual.

Date: Saturday, August 22, 2009 Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm Location: Hollywood Cinema Street: Hatter Street City/Town: Bury St Edmunds

Thanks for posting this but unfortunately it wouldn't suit people like me. i went to see toy story and the only time i could hear the film was when there was music on. The other autistics were unable to quietly be themselves in the cinema.

Hope you have fun with all your noisy autistic folk!

Alexis

We also took our son to watch Madagascar2 at an autistic viewing, it was a very strange experience for us all, it was the first time Alex had been to the cinema and it was full of other autistic kids which was great meeting them and there parents/carers, it had 3 breaks aswell which was needed by most of the viewers, but alot of the kids ended up playing around through the film, some people got annoyed by all the noise, but overall it was a good experience for my son.

It hasn't deterred us from going again though.