Sign in to follow this  
Cornwallsfinest

Hello from cornwall

Hi, My names Adam and I'm from Cornwall.

Recently I have been led to believe I may have aspergers syndrome. (my mother bought it up recently).

Reasons include, OTT obsessions. Throughout the years they've ranged from playing the drums, to Honda motorcycles, to Japanese cars.

Antisocial behaviour. Never been out for a meal with any of my friends, rarely eat at the dinner table at home, avoid getting involved in relationships, avoid partys, don't look people in the eye when I talk to them, prefer less company (I have one very close friend and I do alot to help her).

I'm incapable of basic banter with people. Most of my responses are either nervous laughter or a simple "yes" to most things.

Many times afterwards I work out what it was I was supposed to say in response to their remark.

I am also a very literal, sometimes seemingly cold person with a very dry sense of humour. (There are many more reasons but I'll stop now).

Anyway, I'm glad to be here.

Adam.

Hi Adam, and welcome to the forum.

I read your other post about your GP's unhelpfulness. Getting a diagnosis can be really hard for adults. Have you thought about bringing your mum to talk to your GP about the reasons why she thinks you may have AS? She may also be more persuasive than you are able to be.

Hello Adam, definitely sounds like Aspergers (you could've been describing me, just different obssessions :D ). And that's a great idea from Tally--in fact my psychiatrist asked to speak to my mother and it certainly helped; my mum was able to vocalise things I would never have thought to mention.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I think the idea of getting my mum to speak to someone is a good one!

No doubt they'll listen to her more than me.

Yes, Cornwall is a lovely place - shame about the rubbish weather though!

Anyway, it feels good to be here with some like minded folk. :)

Thankyou everyone.