Sign in to follow this  
trekster

Hi im new from nr Bristol

hello

Im a female aspie from Bristol, my friend from a local asperger/autism group told me about this site.

Diagnosed aspie 14 years ago im now living in my own place with support. i also have dyslexia, ocd, mild ptsd, and recurrent depression/anxiety/insomnia, also fibrmyalgia. i became an aunty recently (about 2.5 years ago) and i love playing with my nephew he has the cute factor! i have one sister who has the nephew and a brother whose trying to decide his higher education route.

Im also a distance education student at the university of Birmingham studying......autism! my interests apart from autism lol include, star trek, liverpool fc, autism/disability conferences, quiz shows, stamp collecting

and playmobil people. i have 300 of them and about 40 times as many stamps most of them need cataloguing!

i hope to share what works and what doesn't work with people here. If the mods approve i would like to start a thread called "local asperger/autism social groups this week"to promote the groups i attend?

Alexis

Hi there mate, glad you found your way here :thumbs: Make yourself at home, quite a few friendly people around. Starting to build up a nice group of adults on here too.

Hey welcome aboard! The social groups thread sounds like a great idea :thumbs:

Starting to build up a nice group of adults on here too.

:unsure:

:lol::devil: Sorry, couldn't resist. I am speaking about myself BTW - just ask the woman on the bus!!

Anyway, welcome to the forum, we're OK really. :thumbs: :thumbs: I used to love playmobil when I was a kid but then mine got passed down to my younger sister and I wasn't allowed to play with it any more :( I had the air-sea rescue helicopter and the camper van. :thumbs:

Have you got the Playmobile Security Checkpoint? The reviews on that product are hilarious! :lol: :lol:

Hi Alexis and welcome to the forum :)

Feel free to start a thread about the social groups you attend!

Edited by Tally

Hi Alexis,

We are near bristol too, and would be interested in finding out about local groups. My partner is just about to begin his journey towards assessment and diagnosis, hopefully, and he is interested in looking at groups.

My daughter had loads of playmobile when she was younger. She had to go in an ambulance aged 4, and then she got really into collecting emergency service playmobile. We love them, and still have some, even though she is nearly 15 now! My housemate has recently started a relationship with a fireman, and it has been great fun to leave playmobile firengines around the house, staging rescues from shelves and things like that! :lol: Well...... we find it fun! :whistle:

Have you got the Playmobile Security Checkpoint? The reviews on that product are hilarious! :lol: :lol:

:lol: You are so right Mumble !!

Hi trekster and welcome. I can tell you don't sleep as you post loads in the middle of the night! My 15-year-old son is mad on lego and is building a massive castle/cathedral type building.

How do you deal with the insomnia - my 13-year-old son has loads of trouble sleeping. I don't like him going on the computer at night, but sometimes I don't know what else to suggest. He can't concentrate on reading when he's really tired (but still can't sleep). Any suggestions gratefully received :notworthy:

Hi

Its Euan from AV etc. :) You have mass collection of playmobils and stamps I collect cheap figurines from Charity shops!

Cheers

Euan

hello

Im a female aspie from Bristol, my friend from a local asperger/autism group told me about this site.

Diagnosed aspie 14 years ago im now living in my own place with support. i also have dyslexia, ocd, mild ptsd, and recurrent depression/anxiety/insomnia, also fibrmyalgia. i became an aunty recently (about 2.5 years ago) and i love playing with my nephew he has the cute factor! i have one sister who has the nephew and a brother whose trying to decide his higher education route.

Im also a distance education student at the university of Birmingham studying......autism! my interests apart from autism lol include, star trek, liverpool fc, autism/disability conferences, quiz shows, stamp collecting

and playmobil people. i have 300 of them and about 40 times as many stamps most of them need cataloguing!

i hope to share what works and what doesn't work with people here. If the mods approve i would like to start a thread called "local asperger/autism social groups this week"to promote the groups i attend?

Alexis

:unsure:

:lol::devil: Sorry, couldn't resist. I am speaking about myself BTW - just ask the woman on the bus!!

Anyway, welcome to the forum, we're OK really. :thumbs: :thumbs: I used to love playmobil when I was a kid but then mine got passed down to my younger sister and I wasn't allowed to play with it any more :( I had the air-sea rescue helicopter and the camper van. :thumbs:

Either they are taking the Michael or they must be autistic themselves. Its a plastic toy for goodness sake its not going to pick up metal!

i was having fun with my playmobils recently doing role play for a job i might be applying for. i was asked what i would do in x situation so i acted it out and made the autistic out to be an arrogance and denial one who thought everything the befriender did was mean. Basically behaving like me in meltdown mode.

ive got a camper van, 3 dolls houses (one in bits) and more than 400 playmobile people here. Most of them have names although i have to admit their more PC than they used to be.

i wish i could understand these emoticons, at the moment they dont seem to put the name of the emotion when i run my mouse cursor over them. i would hate to use the embarrassed one when i was angry or the other way around.

Mods: Can this topic be merged with my other introduction please? Ive just realised i posted 2 introductions by mistake. i would like "hi im new from nr bristol and any replies to stay though if possible.

Welcome Euan

Mods: ive just realised that calling a member "norfolk broad" status is likely to confuse. i was thinking all new members were from the broads.

:lol: You are so right Mumble !!

Hi trekster and welcome. I can tell you don't sleep as you post loads in the middle of the night! My 15-year-old son is mad on lego and is building a massive castle/cathedral type building.

How do you deal with the insomnia - my 13-year-old son has loads of trouble sleeping. I don't like him going on the computer at night, but sometimes I don't know what else to suggest. He can't concentrate on reading when he's really tired (but still can't sleep). Any suggestions gratefully received :notworthy:

im a fibromite, with dyslexia and aspergers that gives me 3 causes of sleep problems. i get into bed eventually after getting off the PC and attempt to overload my brain at night by doing a number of mind heavy tasks at once. Sometimes this works the other way though. even with my taurine x 2 and my 5htp x 2 i still have problems getting off the PC.

Can he tell you why he doesn't sleep? Or why the computer is more important to him than sleeping? Which senses are hyperstimulated for him? Sounds like his body is in pain or hes not worn out enough. Are there any particular days in which he does manage to sleep? What happens before he goes to bed on the "im able to sleep tonight mum" days.

Puberty was a nightmare for me with sleep. i had so many ideas buzzing around in my head. Also im a "must fix this now" type of person and that can include when its time to go to bed!

Alexis

thanks for all the welcomes to this site.

Mods: ive just realised that calling a member "norfolk broad" status is likely to confuse. i was thinking all new members were from the broads.

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=22407 ;)

James