SuzyQ

Underley Garden school

Hi All,

Finally we have some news on my DD who is still in hospital, it will be 8 months on Saturday, she has been seen by people at Underley Garden School in Lancashire(i think) just wondered if anyone knows of it.

she is also being assessed today by a school in Wales, but I don't know the name of that one yet, no doubt she will tell me later when she phones.

That sounds like progress Suzy - how is she doing? I don't know anything about the school, sorry.

Mod note: - if anyone has any specific personal information about the school please can they contact Suzy via pm - thanks.

K x

Hi,

Well Underley Garden have offered her a place so yes that is progress, as she has now been at the hospital for over 8 months!!!

The hospital social workers are trying to arrange a visit,which is starting all the normal worries with her especially as it is so far to go they have told her she will have to stay over night on her first ever visit!! Night times are bad for her.

She is much improved and seems to be more aware of her ASD which is brilliant, saying that its a roller coaster and at the moment I am having a tough time with guilt over it all, but I know it's a normal process.

Good news is she has started taking an interest in art again, and after 8 months has actually done some lovely pieces, I was worried that she would never do it again, before going to the hospital she was obsessed with art, it was the only thing she concentrated on and seemed to find peace in doing it so I am so happy she is getting back to it.

Will keep you all updated :thumbs:

Fingers crossed that the visit goes OK, Suzy.

Good news about the art too - I hope you're finally turning a corner and things are going to get better from here on. :pray:>:D<<'>

K x

Hi,

Well Underley Garden have offered her a place so yes that is progress, as she has now been at the hospital for over 8 months!!!

The hospital social workers are trying to arrange a visit,which is starting all the normal worries with her especially as it is so far to go they have told her she will have to stay over night on her first ever visit!! Night times are bad for her.

She is much improved and seems to be more aware of her ASD which is brilliant, saying that its a roller coaster and at the moment I am having a tough time with guilt over it all, but I know it's a normal process.

Good news is she has started taking an interest in art again, and after 8 months has actually done some lovely pieces, I was worried that she would never do it again, before going to the hospital she was obsessed with art, it was the only thing she concentrated on and seemed to find peace in doing it so I am so happy she is getting back to it.

Will keep you all updated :thumbs:

Glad things appear to be more hopeful.I keep wondering how you are all doing.Please do not go down the guilt road I am attempting to give it up having got sick of it getting no where. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Karen .

Hi

Just wondering if Underley Garden School happened? If so, how are you finding it? My daughter is being assessed by them in 2 weeks time. Very difficult to get information from them.

Thanks

A x