Sign in to follow this  
justine1

New here,from Bedfordshire

Hi everyone

I am new to this site,I am a single mum to four lovely boys my second son Sam is 6 years old and has just been diagnosed with Aspergers but still on waiting list for an assesment.I knew my son was different almost since the day he was born,but as he was my second child I thought I should not compare him to his brother as he is an individual but when my third son was born (from when he was about one)I could tell Sam was very different indeed.My thoughts were confirmed when he started school two years ago he did not handle the change in routine and often tried to escape in the mornings.He always clings to one friend and wont "share" that friend with anyone and this leads to him smacking and swearing.He is ALWAYS right according to him and often corrects people including teachers for example he often tell his friends at lunch not to talk with their mouths full.At home he is okay with his brothers not really different,except for walking on his toes and talking constantly,humming tunes etc.but no real major outbursts.Outburst do happen alot when out,he often runs ahead making sounds like he is a car and doesnt seem to notice other people passing by.He also doesnt do well when visitors come over and tries to get my attention constantly,crying and whining alot.When I took him to the doctor I mentioned that I thought he had ADHD but after mentioning a few of his traits she said she was 98% sure he has Aspergers,I am studying adult nursing so knew of it but not in much depth so now I know more I to am convinced.I am hoping to make friends with mums with a child of similar age so we can help each other.I also hope I can give others advice.

Thank you for your time.

Hi Justine,

Hello and welcome.

This is a good website, where the people are kind and supportive. No nastiness here. Even though I'm not a mum, there are others who wll know where you are at, and be in a good position to give you excellent advice.

Hi everyone

I am new to this site,I am a single mum to four lovely boys my second son Sam is 6 years old and has just been diagnosed with Aspergers but still on waiting list for an assesment.I knew my son was different almost since the day he was born,but as he was my second child I thought I should not compare him to his brother as he is an individual but when my third son was born (from when he was about one)I could tell Sam was very different indeed.My thoughts were confirmed when he started school two years ago he did not handle the change in routine and often tried to escape in the mornings.He always clings to one friend and wont "share" that friend with anyone and this leads to him smacking and swearing.He is ALWAYS right according to him and often corrects people including teachers for example he often tell his friends at lunch not to talk with their mouths full.At home he is okay with his brothers not really different,except for walking on his toes and talking constantly,humming tunes etc.but no real major outbursts.Outburst do happen alot when out,he often runs ahead making sounds like he is a car and doesnt seem to notice other people passing by.He also doesnt do well when visitors come over and tries to get my attention constantly,crying and whining alot.When I took him to the doctor I mentioned that I thought he had ADHD but after mentioning a few of his traits she said she was 98% sure he has Aspergers,I am studying adult nursing so knew of it but not in much depth so now I know more I to am convinced.I am hoping to make friends with mums with a child of similar age so we can help each other.I also hope I can give others advice.

Thank you for your time.