call me jaded

Ken Bruce has a son with autism

The Radio 2 DJs made a very scary charidy CD last Christmas...I know because my SIL got a copy in her stocking, and I still have the refrain of 'Verrry Terry Wogan' running through my head!! :o:ph34r:

As for the article...I'm really glad that this father' experience of autism is a positive one, but that doesn't mean that every parent will have that experience.

Bid :)

Edited by bid

What a great, well balance article :):thumbs:

Apart from a couple of very mild generalisations Mr Bruce seems to have a better handle on his child's condition than many professionals who regularly appear in the press. Also great to see that despite his child's level of understanding the family took a firm line about things like age appropriate behaviour etc.

Thanks for that, Delia :thumbs: As someone who hardly ever picks up a paper I wouldn't have seen this without a nod in the right direction.

L&P

BD :D

Thanks for posting this, Jaded. :)

It's a very positive article, and his love for his son comes across strongly. It's good to see him debunking the myth that all autistic children are uninterested in contact and don't respond to affection.

K x

Hmm can someone enlighten me, it mentions in article about the son having a slighly enlarged head in early developnment, when I was a kid I had a large head till I was young and was constantly ill with breathing problems and was reffered to Great Ormond Street but before I could be seen I just got better, head went down to normal size etc.

I have been told by various people now im 27 that I have signs of being on autistic scale as have had social interaction problems entire life(and only ever had 1 girlfriend) but say its likely aspergers but thinking back could the head of been a sign of autistic problems or is it more medical i.e the brain was having wrong amounts of fluid and oxygen so affected later development etc.