Tally

Not a Good Evening

This morning my mum said she wouldn't be home until 7.30, so I said I would wait and eat dinner with her. We talked about it again before she went out this afternoon. I waited in my room getting hungrier and hungrier, but didn't want to snack knowing that she would be home any minute. Eventually I decided I would eat anyway and then sit with her so she didn't have to eat by herself. I thought she would understand since she was over an hour late by then.

When I came into the kitchen she was there and I said I didn't realise she was home and that I was very hungry. She said she had been home for an hour and was so hungry she ate as soon as she got home. I didn't say I was upset she'd forgotten me because I didn't want to start another row, I just microwaved some leftovers from yesterday and ate it.

Now she is cross because I said it was too late now to watch the DVD we agreed to watch. She doesn't understand why I am going back on what I agreed to do. I agreed to eat dinner at 7.30 and watch a DVD afterwards, I didn't agree to eat dinner at nearly 9pm and then watch a DVD afterwards.

It's like she doesn't really know I exist tonight.

Edited by Tally

Hi Tally what a shame you didn't know your mum had been home for an hour and had already eaten. When i come home sometimes i shout "hello i'm home" and wait to see if anyone answers, must say doesn't always work.

And by the way your not invisible, hope you feel happier soon.

Teresa :)