Sign in to follow this  
joanc12

Not yet diagnosed

Hello

I have a 12yr old son who is awaiting diagnosis of Asperger's. He has just been refered to the ASD Team. Things came to a head when he changed schools last year. The waiting is the worst as we want to be able to get him the help he needs and are unsure he is at the most appropriate school. Glad to find this forum as only beginning to gather up all the information I can.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the process of diagnosis and looking at education options. There's a wealth of experience and information here to help you. :)

K x

Hi and Welcome to the Forum. :D

I have Ben who is 11 and has AS.We waited three years before obtaining a diagnosis last Autumn so I understand your frustration.Karen.

Hello and Welcome

i hope you manage to get the diagnosis and support your son needs. i had to wait until i was 16 before i got diagnosed. Now im living in my own place in a supported housing scheme. Its good but not as autistic friendly as i would like it to be. i hope to help the housing association to learn more about autism and how verbal autism such as mine often hides difficulties they cannot see.

Alexis