Jannih

Daily Mail Article

good article - i was surprised at it TBH :rolleyes:

If you had bothered to read it SP, you would have read

But far from being a disability, there is an argument that Asperger's syndrome can in some respects be beneficial

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...l#ixzz0SZQGfxRZ

followed by about half the article explaining what the beneficial aspects are..... But all that doesn't change the fact that people with AS "suffer" from the bad bits of AS - especially in some situations. Edited by KezT

Just can't be reading it once I see the 'sufferer' phraseology. Disgraceful and one day society might evolve far enough to realise it as well.

I don't think this is as straightforward as that. There ia an inconsistency between arguing for the appropriate support to be made available and taking issue with any suggestion that Asperergers might be a disadvantage. I don't think 'sufferer' is the best word to choose, but the article is a good one overall.

Simon

I agree its a positive article for a change but don't read the comments.

Well I did read the comments - all of them :tearful: Clearly their is a huge lack of understanding about this condition which makes it all the more important that groups like Autism Speaks do not make videos about autism where it is portrayed in a demonic way. :crying:

Cat