Sign in to follow this  
bjkmummy

school action plus - child not getting the help agreed

my middle son has been diagnosed with adhd and just started medication. for a long time i felt he was also autistic like his brother but at this stage only adhd been dx. he has been on school action plus since he started schol. he is now in year 1 and has the school senco as his class teacher. it states on his iep that he is to receive 2 x 10 mins of help each week - not a lot but at least something. since he started year 1 - he is failing - i was told that he was gifted and when he started the school was top of the class - he is now getting quite close to the bottom

tonight was parents evening and i sent dh - the teacher told hom that joe has received noextra help this term as the person who does the help has too much of a workload so joe gets nothing. he is to be moved down a group as he is not coping in his literacy and he has had the same reading level since june and she keeps refusing to move him up saying hes not ready even though he has read nearly every book and more for this level.

I am so angry with them - they just dont give a stuff - we are also moving at xmas so think that as they know this its giving them an excuse to just leave him out - i want to take it further but not sure which is the best way to approach things - the head is useless as is most of the school but not sure who to complain to and how