Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

Now its getting a bit colder

However Ive noticed considerbly that it makes me feel rather lathargic and tired, I then opened a window to let in some fresh air but it went cold again, so shut it, Ive decided to turn the degrees button down but its not very warm now, anyway does anyone else get effected by the central heating, how do you get a happy medium?

How are you keeping warm this winter, also gas and electric bills are double increase again, they were already doubled increase so does that now means its four times more expensive than last year to keep warm?

JsMumxxx

heating off and window open all year here!

heating off and window open all year here!

were do you live, I live in the north of england and its getting pretty cold, I cant open my window for long and I defo have to use my central heating when it gets to november decemeber! I cant be too hot and I cant be too Cold.

Are you just a naturally warm person?

JsMumxxx

:lol: Had to laugh when I read your post...am trying really hard not to put CH on during the day, but have relented for mornings and evenings & put it on the timer, but turned down very low. Have just come into (cold!) living room and thought...'Hmmm, think I'll light the stove' (which is gas), but decided to be good instead, so now I'm wearing hiking socks, Hubby's jumper, and I've got 8 candles lit to provide a bit of warmth & cheer! Feel like Scrooge!!! (probably look like him too! :ph34r:

we normally dont put ours on until late november but we've got K now and shes only 3 and feels the cold so we've had to put it on. we have it set around 17 degrees just to take the chill off and generally have a window open in a low traffic room to keep everything fresh. we had cavity wall and roof insulation fitted this year (free!!) and the house temperature is so much more constant now. its not really any hotter, but it has stayed cooler in summer and hopefully wont be so cold in winter.

i hate not having fresh air and keep my window open all year which mildly irritates my parents who complain i'm throwing all their money out the window by letting the heat in my room out.