JeanneA

Residential Mental Health Assessment

Hi

Have you tried contacting Young Minds for advice since they may have encountered parents facing a similar/same situation before?

http://www.youngminds.org.uk/

I've found them to be very helpful in the past.

Caroline.

Hi.I just wanted to second that.I found the helpline excellent.If the person on the helpline does not have the information you need they will organise a call back from a professional that can help.They are the experts on mental health provision for under 18s.The charity has some very good professionals in significant roles and they are very keen to advocate for teenagers and parents.

If I were in your position I would be concerned that 'autistic' or possible 'sensory' behaviour is going to be diagnosed as 'mental illness' and how will these professionals know the difference when they don't have any ASD specific experience or training. And the medical route is usually medication anyway.

Absolutely Sally !

Hi ladies thanks for your comments. I do feel Glen has got sensory issues, he is on a waiting list for a sensory assessment with the local Outreach Team. They are very short staffed so I can't see that happening for a while.