Sign in to follow this  
KezT

Yay, DS had a shower

OK, I know it's sad, but I'm really delighted that DS had a shower today - on his own, with only a little bit of encouragement, and washed all parts of him, including his head!

He's 9 now, so don't know if this is the start of puberty cleanliness, or just a big step forwards :thumbs: But he has always had issues with the shower, and as our bathroom is unusable throughout the winter, we have pretty much resigned ourselves to dunking him the swimmimg pool once a week LOL.

Here's hoping it's not a one off.........

Hi KezT

Great news! :thumbs::clap:

'Puberty cleanliness' hasn't kicked in with my 16-year-old son yet :whistle: .

Why is your bathroom unusable throughout winter? Is that just for him?

Our house is old, and originally had no bathroom. At some point a past owner slapped up a lean to at the back and put in a bath & toilet. We bought the house in the summer - didn't realise that it floods & freezes every winter, or that it provides the perfect home for the county's slugs :rolleyes:

We've tried bodging it over the years - (also used up a kilo of salt each week trying to stop the slugs!) and an oil filled radiator will make it warm enough for the girls to use if I have time to put it on an hour before they go in there, but DS just won't go in there from about Sept through to May/June. As we have a tiny shower & toilet upstairs, I've just shut it up for the last couple of winters and used that instead :rolleyes:

It's right on the top of my list of important things to do to the house, but with a quote of £15-20k to rebuild to current specs, and a continuosly falling income since DD no 1 arrived, not likely in the foreseeable.....

Hi

Sorry to be nosey but I notice you care for your husband to?You are therefore entitled to financial help to make adequate homeimprovements from what you have said that is no way for children to live,and as your hubby has arthritis I think a bath is better because he can sit in the warm water which does feel good even if just for a short time.I really think you need to speak to your council about this,also do you get carers allowance?Sorry probably invaded on your personal space!

Thanks Justine, no worries about my personal space:) But cos we own the house and I work, we don't qualify for any of the means tested grant's/benefits :rolleyes: If I stopped work, we would lose the house, and so the gov't would get to pay for a nice adapted property for the rest of our lives. But cos I do work, and therefore pay the mortgage, they don't see the need to pay anything out :rolleyes: I offered DH a divorce when he left work on the basis that way I would keep the house and get the mortgage paid, and he would get a lovely little bungalow down the road, but he didn't go for it for some reason LOL

the intricacies of the benefit system eh! So my best bet has been to encourage DS to use the shower instead. DH has to use the bath whatever, it's part of his psoriasis treatment

This is shocking honestly,I really feel for you,you must be one strong women caring for three young kids and your man,and you work and study....You got to be superwomen!I always remind myself when I moan that my life is not that bad really(not that yours is bad-sure you get what I mean)we all take things for granted in life!I wish you luck in getting things sorted!

Thanks:) But people live in much worse places! I have a big house, the kids have their own rooms, and the bathroom is fine all summer (salt is cheap fortunately), and we do have the shower!

I'll have to change my text tho - given up on the studying for now LOL.