A and A

just received a diagnosis

Hi there we have a ds that has just been diagnosed with asd at the age of 2 we feel lucky as this all started in June this year so we have not had to wait as long as some parents, we know now that this is just the beginning of a long journey and would like to hear from other parents with newly diagnosed children as we are very uncertain about our feelings and not sure how to cope.

A and A

Hi A and A. My 2.5 yr old is currently going through the process of diagnosis although I believe it will be a few months until we are

given a diagnosis or not for him.

I think up to now this has all been much more difficult for my OH than for me as he already has a son diagnosed with AS and ADHD. His

son is 17 now and we had some very difficult time with him. ( He has been in foster care for nearly 2 years now)

So I think for my husband the idea that the little one has a similar problem has been and still is very difficult, he still has days when he will say that there is nothing at all wrong with our beautiful boy.

For me although it is difficult my main aim is to ensure that my DS is given the best help he needs and as quickly as I can get it for him as I believe that is the best way I can help him. My step son I believe was very much let down by the system which I am sure contributed very much to the problems he had.

I feel up to now I am coping with it all quite well although I am aware that sometime when parents receive a confirmed diagnosis that it hits them hard even though they were expecting it.

I hope you are dealing with the recent diagnosis ok and that you have been offered plenty of help and support in your area. :)

Hi. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you.I know you have been anticipating the diagnosis but it is still a time of mixed emotions.

Karen.

Hi A&A,

>:D<<'> >:D<

I'm pleased you have your diagnosis. I'm sure you are going through a rollercoaster of emotions, but for me time has been a great healer and life has got easier now I understand my son more. He has also settled down a lot with the right support in place. Take it easy and I hope you get all the support you are looking for. The NAS do some great courses and I wonder whether it would be worth you trying for portage again now you have the diagnosis?

Thinking of you lots,

TT xxxx

Hi A&A,

>:D<<'> >:D<

I'm pleased you have your diagnosis. I'm sure you are going through a rollercoaster of emotions, but for me time has been a great healer and life has got easier now I understand my son more. He has also settled down a lot with the right support in place. Take it easy and I hope you get all the support you are looking for. The NAS do some great courses and I wonder whether it would be worth you trying for portage again now you have the diagnosis?

Thinking of you lots,

TT xxxx

Hi there thank u for thinking of us, Liam has attended 5 weeks of group portage and has made a improvement only small but for Liam that is great news he actually picked up a paint brush and done some painting which is a first for him. We have been put down for the Earlybird course by the specail needs health visitor all the staff that we are working with have been fantastic and could not ask for any better. How are things with you and your family.

Anna (A and A )