Special_talent123

Disabled Council

Hello everyone, on Tuesday i had received an e-mail from one of my youth workers asking if i would be interested in becoming an Ambassodor for the Disabled Council in London to discuss the issues that children and young people with disabilities have.

The Council for Disabled Children (CDC) are currently recruiting a number of disabled young people to join them as CDC young ambassadors. The young ambassadors will work together as a group to highlight key issues faced by disabled children and young people.

The group will:

become involved in influencing the work of CDC

plan and manage a project of their choosing according to the issues that are important to them

be supported to develop their skills through training and opportunities for involvement in wider youth activities

I have taken my time to think about whether i should apply for this role and applications have to be in by November 27th. I have decided that i'm going to apply for this role, professionals and I think it would be a great opportunity for me and because all the involvement i have done in Youth work for learning disabilities that it would be a good job for me to take on as a young person with disability.

I will get some support to get over to the london meetings. If i have been approved by 1st December, my first meeting will take place next January 2010.

IHAUG

That sounds really good.

It should be a good experience for you, and i'm sure your input will be important. I'm sure that many on the spectrum miss out on being involved in this type of thing, so well done.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you for all the nice and encouraging comments.

I have got special permission to take some time of a day service next wednesday for lunch time. So that i can go down to advice centre to help me fill out this special form to take the opportunity for a role in being an ambassador as my application has to be in by november 27th to be reviewed and would let me know if i got the place december.

it is 2 weeks friday, that i am getting my response back to see whether i am going to be ambassador for the disabled i am a little nervous. London its a big place to get lost, and youth worker would have to sort out how they will support me to get to meetings and to communicate is well. im so nervous its a big challenge for me.