Sign in to follow this  
justine1

Do you find it easy to navigate the NAS website?

Hi this question is aimed more at adults with Autism/AS/ASD but I welcome comments from everyone.I am doing a course on health and social care,at the moment I need to write an essay on "the social model of disability" I have to explore three websites and see how they are good at offering advice,support etc for the people its aimed at,how easy is it to navigate,and how would you change/improve the site to make it easier for the people using the site.Of course I am fortunate that (a) they chose NAS site and (B) I have used the site myself.I do have to also think if there is anything that is in anyway discriminating and if the views are expressed just by "able bodied" NT or professionals,rather than getting the view from those with autism.I do hope you can all help me,it is not easy looking at the sight as an NT and trying to find the barriers and challenges AS/ASD people may have.Thank you.

Hi. I'm NT, and find the NS website appalling to navigate...I can never find the same route to something-I'll comeacross something useful, then next time, be totally unable to find it again.

On the Help course I went on recently, the trainers were saying they found the same thing, and they work for the NAS!

I agree Mum of 3. I thought it was just me! Once you actually find the page you want, the information is very good. I find the A to Z information sheets especially useful but can never find them from the front page.

K x