Sign in to follow this  
loulou

seen school record

Hi everyone,

I've been into Kai's old school today, to see his record, after the Head told me that there was nothing in it that i didn't already have. Yeah right! :angry:

I photocopied 11 pages off stuff i didn't have!

I've just been reading through it and it's really made me cross. There's alot of things i was never told about and also i don't agree with some of it. I know it's too late now, because the damage has been done, but i'm fuming :angry: .

There's a "self esteem" check list that has been filled out (i suppose by his teacher), so they were obviously concerned about him, but i was never told.

There's also an IEP that i was never told about.

There's a report saying how he would refuse to go into the dining room and one day ran out of the school. I wasn't told. That's really upsetting.

It also says how he would not sit with the others at registration and would sit behind a table :crying:

The worst thing i have just read is a report saying how the school has been trying to take relevant and purposeful action to meet Kai's behavioural needs in school.

What have thay done to meet his emotional needs? Nothing.

I am sooooooo angry at this school. I know i need to get over it and move on, but i'm really struggling with this.

My poor little man. :crying: No wonder he can't understand why any child would actually like to go to school.

Loulou x

Good on you for getting them anyway, it is absolutely your right to see these, and by all accounts its a good job you did.

Parents are meant to be included in all IEP's being devised, what advice have they sought with regard to the 'behavioural issues' have they been in touch with the EBD advisory teacher? or the Autistic Advisory Teacher? most behavioural issues our children come from the lack of understanding, empathy and acknowledgement of ASD and then you get behavioural issues, resulting in huge emotional problems ...

God the more I read about what our children have to go through the more I want to :crying: I keep reading things here that are exactly the same as what my T has had to endure, before christmas last year after his 2nd unofficial exclusion he came home and told me he wished he was dead ....

OK am taking deep breaths, trying not to scream but when will all this end!

HHxx

Hi Loulou,

You have every right to feel angry, I would feel like that too.

We are supposed to send our children to school, which is meant to be a safe and caring place, yeah right :angry:

No wonder so many people decide that they would be better off home educating.

Annie >:D<<'>

Edited by annie

Hi Loulou

This appaulling. :o

We've been very fortunate at our primary school. They haven't always understood Sam but we've worked together every step of the way. You've a right to be upset by this and and far as the episode of him running out of school goes, they were way out of line. Sam threatened to run out of school once and the teachers had me in to talk about what action they could take he did, (restraining him etc) It's a serious issue if any child does this, the parents should always be informed.

Hope you can just put the past past behind you and look to the future.

Thinking of you >:D<<'>

Kazz

Edited by kazzdt

no wonder you are angry - how disgraceful - you mustg be so upset reading about him runniong out of school & never being told - and an iep you didn't see - how incompetent :wallbash:

((((((((hugs))))))

Carol