Kathryn

Benefits advice - beware!

I have been alerted to this comany which claims to provide free benefits advice:

http://www.benefitanswers.co.uk/index.php

All well and good maybe: however they offer a more personalised service which involves completing DLA, Incapacity benefit and carers allowance forms on behalf of the client, on condition that if the claim is successful the company are paid 45% of any backpay that the client receives from the DWP. In some cases this can amount to hundreds of pounds - one client paid the company £1500. The company have no official address, just a PO box in Preston.

Their website also invites people to get in touch if they are going through the benefits appeals procedure which would indicate that they are likely to receive a high amount of back pay and are therefore vulnerable to end up giving almost half of it to this company.

Don't get caught, and please pass this on to anyone you know who might consider using such a service.

Kathryn

Edited by Kathryn

wow thats unbelievable, can they really get away with this, like you say there will be many vulnerable people accessing this, thanks for the alert and I will pass it on to my group leaders and parents.

JsMumxxx

>:D<<'>

Thanks Kathryn. What a world we live in where people think it is OK to prey on the vulnerable probably at times it's hardest for them to see clearly. :(

Have they been reported to trading standards or jobcentre plus?