Mumble

DLA Question

i think the two year award is pretty standard for adult first claims. its what i got too. i only finished appealing the decision a couple of months ago, and this week i got my renewal forms. i haven't looked at them properly but it looks like its the same as the original forms. so you do have to start again it seems. good for me as i was never happy with the decision but i would imagine very annoying when you get the award you deserve

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> welll done, harray it will really help improve you life. and will pay towards a better quality of life. :thumbs:

If your in hospital or other residential establishment more than 28 days you have to notify them and it will be suspened, but once you have returned home it is reinstated, My son is in a residential school and comes home weekends and holidays, obvously he doesnt recieve DLA for the time scale he is at school, but he does for the periods he is at home, I have a form to fill in ticking the presice time he is home with date then precise time he returns to school.

It does mean we are always in arrears for back dated moneys, but it does add up and it still can be a lot of money.

It is the same for his carers but it is a seperate form again this is paid in arrears

It would be wise to look into how you would notify the dla people if you did die, only because they could well keep paying you unless they are told so maybe a proffessional, worker, could notify the benefits people.

INDEFINATLEY im sure means for life unless your condition improves, indefinatley they know that your disability is life long and probably not going to improve without the support from DLA.

So for ever if she stays the same.

JsMumxxx