Sign in to follow this  
Feather

problems with headteacher

Has anyone else had experience of a headteacher being aggressive down the phone, and threatening them as a parent with Governors, etc. My son's head has now threatened my son's consultant for ASD with the county council solicitors if he sends a report that isn't to the heads satisfaction. The report is a true summary of what happened at a joint session with the consultant, myself, the SENCO and SSA from school. Basically school are not understanding his ASD needs, and not meeting them properly. Why would the head be so annoyed at the truth being written? Is it because maybe they are not doing their jobs properyl? I really do feel threatened by this head, but I will not back off. If this is how he treats me, it is obviously what he is doing to my son, and allowing the SENCO, and other staff to do the same. Has anyone else tried the route of seeing a solicitor that deals with SEN cases and disability discrimination, and did it help?

I did use a SEN solicitor to go to tribunal to get the Statement and placement for my son.

I would say a solicitor knows the law inside out. But they can only pursue what 'evidence' they have. So, depending on what your situation is, you may need evidence that this school cannot meet his needs. You say your son is now placed in another medical unit??? Do you have a doctors note about anxiety and that is why he is in this unit? That would help.

But you may need to get further private reports, which cost money.

And you need to know what school you want for your son. If the LEA do not have a suitable school, and you would need to prove that the school he was previously in was not suitable, then the LEA maybe forced to pay the fees of an independent, private school.

I think you also said that your son is soon to sit GCSEs?? What do you plan after that. If you plan to continue schooling, then looking at an independent/private school that continues through to 19 might be suitable.

But be prepared for your LEA to put up a fight to not have to pay for this.

Has anyone else had experience of a headteacher being aggressive down the phone, and threatening them as a parent with Governors, etc. My son's head has now threatened my son's consultant for ASD with the county council solicitors if he sends a report that isn't to the heads satisfaction. The report is a true summary of what happened at a joint session with the consultant, myself, the SENCO and SSA from school. Basically school are not understanding his ASD needs, and not meeting them properly. Why would the head be so annoyed at the truth being written? Is it because maybe they are not doing their jobs properyl? I really do feel threatened by this head, but I will not back off. If this is how he treats me, it is obviously what he is doing to my son, and allowing the SENCO, and other staff to do the same. Has anyone else tried the route of seeing a solicitor that deals with SEN cases and disability discrimination, and did it help?

Have you got any support from parent partnership?