Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Girls are Horrid

Went out to the work Christmas meal this evening. We are two shops, each with a manager. The business owner gives us £15 per head toward our meal and we have to pay the rest. We went to a fairly cheap restaurant where it was possible to get a main course and a drink for £15. One person who came had recently left the job and didn't get the £15. Before we went, he told everyone we would split the bill evenly between everyone who came and no one complained about this.

My main course was £15, on top of this I had a starter, dessert and 2 glasses of lemonade, so that probably came to another £15. The others had less food but lots of drinks, so I didn't think I was spending more than anyone else.

My shop manager came, but the other one didn't. (I can understand why!) Then there was me and 5 Saturday girls all aged 16 except one who is 21. My manager had promised to buy one girl a drink because she came in and worked at short notice while I was ill. The other 4 girls persuaded him to buy them all a drink as well, and then they all picked cocktails which were really expensive. He gave them the money and they didn't even give him back his change, but split it between them instead.

When it came to paying the bill, they all gave him money at once, but what the 5 of them gave him only came to £40 altogether. The bill came to £190 and we had £90 from the owner and £40 from the girls. I gave him £20, which is more than I spent, but still left him to pay £40 and he wanted to leave a tip of £20 too. All the girls were leaning over him while he was trying to work out how much he had to put in. It didn't help that they kept grabbing the money and counting it, but they were so drunk that none of them could count it right. They saw him saying he had to pay £60, could see him stressing over how much it was, but didn't offer to help or anything. They were just shouting, "no, don't bother to leave a tip." In the end I managed to get hold of the money to count it properly and slip in an extra £20 without anyone noticing, so at least he only had to put in £40. That's on top of the £30 he'd already spent on their cocktails.

Then they were saying that they should tell the owner that the girl who had recently left did not come, and another member of staff came instead, so that he would pay the £15. She was asking for her £15 back, though I don't think she even gave him that much in the first place. I don't know if he gave her it back on the way home, but it wouldn't surprise me.

During the week, one of them comes in on her lunchbreak from her other job because she doesn't like to have lunch at work. SHe doesn't even work at my shop, she works at the other one. She gets my boss to make her toasted cheese sandwiches, but she has two rounds of sandwiches and puts in so much cheese that it spills all over the table. She never gives him any money towards this or anything. She eats his bread and cheese, leaves her mess and her washing up, grabs a load of his sweets on her way out, and then comes back after work and gets him to give her a lift home as well!

They are just horrible, they completely take advantage of him. He thinks they're his friends and all they do is rip him off.

That sounds like typical teenage young girls behaviour tally add to that they were drunk ............it sounds like a tame evening if you ask me.............normally girls in this age bracket are arguing over boys/men,bitching about each other and backstabbing the person who goes to the toilet........

My daughter who will be 18 in january first job was in a all femal enviroment in a shoe shop she hated it she now works in a mixed enviroment with more men than women and says she never wants to work with all women againe............i always hated when i was working long long time ago in a all woman enviroment.

Tally,

It sound's like they had to much to drink and my take advantage a little, I don't think you should of put that extra £20 in as you had already given your share, that was a very kind thing to do.

Teresa :)

gosh they sound horrible... i think its the pack element as well though, people do horrible things when 'egged on'

what a nasty piece of work... maybe he should start to charge her for the sandwiches! (or bar her!!)