Sign in to follow this  
Tally

ANyone know anything about planning permission

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Someone has asked me if I might be able to point her in the direction of some information.

She plans to get proper premesis for her business offering massage (I think she is currently working out of her own home). She has found some premesis, but they are accessed only by a flight of stairs. She has to apply for a Change of Use - I assume their current use is as an office. She is concerned her application will be turned down due to lack of disabled access to the premesis.

At this stage she is not yet looking into her obligations as a service provider, and that kind of information is fairly easy to come by. What she is looking for at the moment is information to support her Change of Use application.

I know it's a bit of a long shot because it's quite a specific question, but if anyone knows anything about this that I can pass on, it would be very helpful :)

If she goes down to their local planing office and ask to speak to someone they will be able to tell her if she need planning permission and how likely it is that she would get it. I would do this at an early stage before spending any money just in case.

If I'm honest I would not have thought that a premise with limited access would be that suitable for a massage parlour!!

Edited by chris54