Sign in to follow this  
capt_slog

Support Groups

I've just been to my first group thing. It was a meet-up and getting to know ppl thing, then a meal and/or drink at the Crown Pub in Digbeth, Birmingham. It was very interesting and I sort of learned a lot in quite a short space of time. Good to compare personal histories with other people. It's once a month, with the possibility of spin-off informal meetings later on, between meetings. Out of nine ppl, including myself, I think I got on well with three other people.

capt slog

I'm pleased it went well for you. I hope you're able to make some friends there.

I wish I could find something similar near to me!

we have one in Inverness. It started from parents that attended Earlybird course and wanted to keep in touch. It became a charity status 2 years ago, our local parent is a firefighter and himself and his collegues.organised a cycle ride from John O Groats to Landsend stopping at fire stations for overnight on their way,they made money to donate to the NAS Scotland and kept some for our group to use for things like christmas partys and days out in the summer.Bascially if you no other people in your area in simular situations as yourselves you might be able to meet with them for a coffee ,chat and see what you can build for yourselves if you have the drive.