Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Whoop Whoop!!

I have finally finished the essay that is the final part of the first 1/3 of my Wild Cat course :)

15 sides of A4 to type up and then I will be finished studying how they kill their prey. Been very interesting, if a little gory.

I had 6 pieces of work to do over four months, and just did the first two easy ones and then did nothing for ages. I used moving house and a poorly cat as an excuse for far too long. I finally pulled my finger out and got the last four (including two essays) done in two months.

I'm so pleased it is finished. I now can't make any more progress until I submit it and receive the course materials for the next section.

A lot of the reading was really tough, and included a lot of data and charts. FOr some of the rarest species, a lot of the information comes from studies of such a small number of individuals that you have to wonder if you're really learning anything at all from it. One of the extinct cats is known from only two fossilised skulls found alongside wild pig bones, from which it is inferred that this species lived in groups and hunted wild pig, and was pyhsically built like other cats with similar dentition, but how do you really know that they didn't all just fall into the same hole and die there together?

I got most of it done inbetween customers at work. Do you get any "dead" time at work you can use?

I got most of it done inbetween customers at work. Do you get any "dead" time at work you can use?

Unfortunately I'm an NVQ Assessor at work, so since I started my course I've also had to get two candidates through their NVQ3 as well :hypno:

Bid :)

Edited by bid

Well done! :thumbs:

I am very undisciplined if I have to study and complete assignments on my own. I do better with someone to give me a metaphorical kick and keep me to deadlines.

K x