Annea

Sooooo proud

Hi Everyone,

I don't post that often nowadays, and when I do its usually a crisis that brings me here.

But if I may I would like to share a bit about how proud I am of my daughter.

With a little help she has finished her website that is all about her life with Asperger Syndrome.

I would like to invite you to take a look, please feel free to leave a comment in her guest book.

She is only 15, and wishes to help to show people how hard it can be to live with Aspergers and to try to educate people about how their actions can be positive or negative.

She has also written some poetry, there are linkis to her reading it... this is one of the few ways she can express her feelings and we are so proud.

the link is www.realas.co.uk

I hope its ok to post it here.

xx

To add, i am sure there are a lot of mistakes, but if you see any, can you email via the contact ont he site or pm me rather than put them in the guest book!

Thanks

Edited by Annea

Im pleased your daughter has found something constructive to do that helps other aspies.

Well done to her!

Alexis

She expresses herself well and explains things very clearly. She's obviously ambitious and I hope she does well and gets her place at 6th form college!

Just one thing I noticed was that the videos of her reading out her poems can only be viewed by people who are her friend on youtube, so most people won't be able to watch them.

She expresses herself well and explains things very clearly. She's obviously ambitious and I hope she does well and gets her place at 6th form college!

Just one thing I noticed was that the videos of her reading out her poems can only be viewed by people who are her friend on youtube, so most people won't be able to watch them.

Thanks Tally....

The way I was shown to embed the videos this wasnt clear..

I will go and sort this out now :)

watch this space!

Thanks Tally....

The way I was shown to embed the videos this wasnt clear..

I will go and sort this out now :)

watch this space!

sorted, hopefull they can be viewed now?

Thanks Tally,

We are adding things all the time, it's not so much a resource for A/S more a peek at the other side of A/S the way we live each day.

It never amazes me when i read on here all the stories.... the same issues come up over and over, and yet professionals still seem to think to tell us that we are the first ones to experience such things.

Just since yesterday I have about 6 people who have said.... it's nice to know others feel the same..

Also I was thinking about what you wrote about her being determined. I don't know if she has always been like that, i think it's because having spent so many years being scared of her shadow, since being able to relax a bit, being in the new school, she has allowed herself to see her future for the first time. Oh, and she already has her place at college, just needs to get the results she needs at GCSE . (fingers crossed)