Sally44

Sent off my Parental Views

Well, I've finally done it.

Waiting to see what the LEA recommend is killing me.

I have phoned organisations such as IPSEA, who have advised me to get legal advice. However, at this stage I think I want to see what the LEA does. If I have to involve a solicitor again and get private reports again, then I will do that when I know what the LEA is going to do. They are either going to amend, or not amend.

I am hoping that if we end up at tribunal again, that the panel will consider how the LEA and its employess and the NHS and their employees are responding and not complying with the Statement or the Code of Practice.

The SEN inclusion officer has said that she will not make an appointment to meet with me, until she decides whether there is a need to even meet. But there are two parts of the Statement where there are issues of non-compliance. Although I have mentioned that in my response to the reports at annual review, I have not put in a formal complaint as per the downloadable letter on the IPSEA website. Should I do that?

I have now been advised by someone who supports parents of children with SEN via Umbrella, that I should (a) send in a letter of complaint to the head of the educational psychology department about this particular educational psychologist and send in all the relevent documentation and (B) should send a letter of non-compliance to the LEA about every aspect of the Statement I have now found has not been adhered to. So i'm back to the word processor for the next couple of days.

hi i just thought i would say,

that the people who make a fuss are the ones whos kids get best looked after.

i think you should do all of the above,

do your homework and just say

i dont think what is going on is good enough.

noogsy x

hi i just thought i would say,

that the people who make a fuss are the ones whos kids get best looked after.

i think you should do all of the above,

do your homework and just say

i dont think what is going on is good enough.

noogsy x

I've spent all this week writing letters.

One to the SALT to put my case and state that he should not have his hours reduced.

One to the OT saying she has not complied with the Statement because she hasn't been in to see him!

One to the Head of Educational Psychology to lodge a formal complaint about his department's service.

One to the LEA about non-compliance

One to the SEN inclusion officer including copies of all the above.

Now i'm waiting to see what the LEA recommends. Will they or won't they amend???

I'm very worried they are hinting at moderate learning difficulties. If they are going to do it, then they will do it.

I pointed out that the LEA's EP's report states my son has 'simple' comprehension skills. Yet the NHS SALT is trying to reduce hours because he has 'advanced' comprehension skills. It is all very worrying. One professional trying to reduce hours because 'he is doing so well', whilst another tries to avoid a dx SPLD by insinuating he is performing badly in all areas'.