Sign in to follow this  
sarahjane

school under threat

Hi

This is a bit of the subject, but a few days ago there was a leak to our local press that the nursey at our sons school is under threat of closure (i have 1 nt 3yr old C attending at the moment and H as and 6 in p2) this means next yr if it goes ahead then i will have to take C out sent him to another nursey then back to this school in P1. This is bad enough but we parents think this is the beginning of the council trying to close the school altogether. It is a small village school with just 27 pupils. This would have a huge impact on both children but part. H. I have enough difficulty getting him from p1 to p2. Another bigger or different school would be really difficult. Not to say i would have to start again with trying to get teachers etc to understand.

I just wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience or any advice on how to campain to stop this. The local community has started writing letters etc and is holding a meting next week.