sesley

sickies

:wub: trying to get information out of him. last week he says i feel under the weather with a cough and sniffles so he was off school until Friday, he has to be taught how to be ill.Like part of being ill means staying in a nice warm bed and sleeping and not worrying about the days routines> Have you any pain,no, head,neck,tummy,no! ok achy muscles no. cough cough! ok,just rest and drink loads and regular calpol,luckily he likes that stuff. Today, he does look pale still,he went back to school yesturday going through loads of tissues,this morning, he lies down on the couch after brekkies, oh dear,your tied, iam under the weather he says, ok, then go back to bed i'll let school no. hour later, i have had enough sleep i am bored,well get dressed and read your comics, can i have no electroinc stuff yet, rest your brain,i said, :wub: so eventually he went and played with his brio trains :wub: he is a little better then says my tummy is rumblin its 12 noon i want some chips.can i ahve my ds now, ok :wub: Thats diffiuculty, trying to get him to discribe or say what exactly he is feeling, its rather like taking a pet to the vets.where the vets have to go on physical signs for a idea of whats wrong.

I have a Rule - if he thinks he is ill enough to be off school, then he is ill enough to stay in bed at least for the whole morning & to have no electronic toys for 24 hours.

lol at your babe

my littlie has done all of the above and more

he also gets sent home from school...sick of school..lol

im the same as the mum above if someone is ill in my house then they lie down

no games although i do allow tv or radio and reading.

all my kids love reading and books.

as soon as my lot start rumbling wanting food and walking around.

then it is back to school

love noogsy x

Coughs and sniffles always feel worst in the early morning, I think, just when one is trying to make the crucial decision of whether a child is well enough to go to school. :rolleyes:

K x

thats the hard decission, he looks groggy first thing more than ususual and you talk and try to get answers, i did ask if he could cope with school,he said yes, i tell him i can always come and get him if he can't take anymore, but he just flopped on his side after brekkies so i made the right decission,he was short tempered as well,and if he was short tempered at school for being under the weather,it would not be constructive,so i opted for bonus stay at home. He has bucked up more through the day ,so am aiming for back to school tomorrow. :):whistle: