Tabby-cat

Books about helping with anxiety for kids???

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for a book written for children about dealing with anxiety?

Thank you :)

Hi.

There is a book called ''A volcano in my tummy'' which is about dealing with anger rather than worry.

However if you look it up on the web site for books on the internet.

Then look at ''customers who were interested in this also looked at..........''

There are about 15 pages of ideas for books for children of various ages re anxiety and anger.

Karen.

"When my autism gets too big"

I recently bought a book called "a huge bag of worries" which is a childrens story about a little girl who starts worrying about everything and ends up with this huge bag of worries she cant get rid of and which just keeps getting bigger and bigger. She eventually gets some help from her elderly neighbour. Its a simple story, lovely pictures and costs about £3 on amazon. You can (I think) have a look inside the book. The woman who wrote it used to be an agony aunt in a newspaper apparently, but dont let that put you off! I have heard of some others, my friend bought one called "what to do when you grumble too much" which is about negative thinking and how to help your child change that pattern of thinking. I will try and think of some others and post again. I have both the books mentioned by the other posters on here and they are both interesting.

D

my friend bought one called "what to do when you grumble too much" which is about negative thinking and how to help your child change that pattern of thinking

Sounds perfect for my daughter. It's got excellent reviews on Amazon so I've just ordered it - thanks :D.