Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

wow been to the hospital 3 times in one week

I am still typing in the insert centre section on post or it wont let me type its annoying. any way changing the subject

I have been to the hospital last tuesday in accident and emergency i were driven by an ambulance which were in the accident and emergency waiting room for 2 hours.

This is what happened, i had custard in the microwave as i were heating it up for 1 minute and stirred, 1 minute back in microwave which done. You wouldn't believe what happened the jug handle were warm but when it were in my hand the custard started boiling and the steam hit my hand. I put my hands straight into cold water whilst ambulance were cold. they took me to hospital after my hands been in water for 15 minutes hoping it will be numb if not numb taken to hospital. they took my hands out and my whole hand stung like mad.

I arrived at the hospital with my friend/house mate i were wheelchaired to the accident and emergency waiting room for 2 hours and were assessed looking at my burn, they gave me some pills to help with the pain and said to go in waiting room again.

waited another half and hour to see a nurse and they had a look and dressed it sending us home. God feel so stupid, had to book an appointment to see someone for thursday.

saw someone again my palm of my hand had gone with blisters. my other 2 fingers with ok they just look like scald marks and my other 2 fingers were really big with blisters god it stung like mad.

saturday today had another check up my other fingers are ok, the other one will heal in 2 days been told by the accident and emergency nurse practioner and the other one had really swell up with nasty blister it gone bigger than thursday i felt so sick looking at it. they dressed it and told me to make sure its not infected, that it doesnt get hot, pusey, itchy and yellow. she said to book appointment next tuesday to see the nurse practioner at the surgery

OUCH :crying:

I know how painful that is I got burnt with hot frying oil when I was 8,I never went to doctors at all,but know how it stung.Mine also formed a nasty blister,the blister is good though as it is less likely to get infected providing you dont scratch,which is hard as it will start to itch as it heals.

Must keep it clean and dont apply anything!