Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

Glen's 16th

Its my son Glen's 16th birthday today. He has unwrapped all his presents with no excitement bless him, the normal! We are having a very normal day as if you make fuss then he will only become very anxious. Its so sad though and much worse this year due to his problems.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry Glen's birthday is a tough day today and hope that there is some progress in finding a placement to help him soon.

Karen.

Hi

My mum said something that really struck a chord ... She's often said that Robert appears oblivious to a situation which I find upsetting, eg, 'friends' not wanting to play with him, etc. I think we parents often 'feel' it much more. I know from your posts that Glen's not been himself. I really hope that things turn a corner for you all soon.

Caroline.

Thanks for your replies. We may be onto sorting a placement out soon, I will keep you posted.

Happy birthday Glen. :)

And some >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for you - as parents. These milestones can be tough. I spent my daughter's 16th birthday in tears - I remember she was in a highly anxious state at the time and life was very stressful, so I do sympathise.

I hope you find some time to have a small private celebration yourselves and a pat on the back for doing the great parenting job you've done for 16 years.

K x

Happy Birthday Glen :thumbs: ....my son does,nt really do the whole Birthday thing either......since he was about 6 he likes his presents just left in his room and he likes to open them alone in his own time, same with xmas.He doe,nt like the fuss, but does l;ike the presents iyswim.

I'm glad yesterday is over, shouldn't say that but Glen does prefer his routine and so do I. I hate seeing him even more anxious than he is generally at the moment.