baddad

"Ouch" moment

Took Ben to a local outdoor centre for a high ropes session today. Introducing him to the instructor and the instructor said,

'I've met you before, haven't I Ben?'

Ben, struggling with eye contact, very politely explained, ' I'm actually not very good at remembering faces, but i'm sure if you think you have you're probably right.'

So very, very proud of him for explaining it so well and so confidently, but when it hits you out of the blue like that God does it hurt that he has to. And that's without all the funny looks the other kids are giving him because his body language is a little bit different...

Ho hum. Defintely a case of 'not him, it's the others', because there's not an ounce of malice in him and he is genuinely more generous and considerate than any 12 year old boy I know when he realises the need to be. I just wish he lived in a world where that kind of generosity and consideration was gonna do him more good than harm, and that returned it in equal measure.

"Ouch"

L&P

BD

>:D<<'>

You are rightly proud - he did good :thumbs:

And yes, however well they are doing (& you know JP is progressing beyond our wildest dreams) it still smacks you between the eyes every now & then.

I think your son is brilliant to be able to say that. I am an adult and I have only just begun to understand that I can tell people that I have trouble recognising faces.

I am sure he is able to express himself because you have been open and honest with him.

I hope he enjoyed his high ropes. I did Go Ape not long ago, it was ace!! B)

It's not very often I say this, but I do know how you feel. >:D<<'> Those moments hit hard don't they :tearful: Bless them. I would rather have my little girl, who is wonderfully unique, quirky, kind and funny, than most of the other 11yr old girls I see. :rolleyes: Some people say she's immature, I say she's a child. I am glad she is! >:D<<'>

I know how you feel, Baddad. Thinking the same about the world and my son too. :(

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Danaxxx

Edited by dana

:notworthy:

What a model of diplomacy - where could he possibly have got that from? ;)

I just wish he lived in a world where that kind of generosity and consideration was gonna do him more good than harm, and that returned it in equal measure.

Well I'm an optimist, I think it will do him more good than harm, but I know what you mean. I have two who are also completely without malice or guile and I just hope the world won't give them too many knocks once they're out there.

K x