justine1

I now get the point....

I was thinking this morning about some posts on here,in particular from BD,about how people dx themselves and prehaps dx others.

I wanted to show how my family can seem like everyone is on the spectrum,of course they are not but it made me giggle!!!

First my father: always moody,never had friends,doesnt like quiet(always needs a radio or telly on) gets angry easily gives up on tasks quickly(like flat packed items,he will be swearing and wounding himself)

My mother: completley eccentric,like a hippy.Loves art and theatres.Hates noise.Has huge issues with food(GF,DF,WF,etc etc)Can appear calm,happy,lovely most of the time,then she snaps and shouts and swears!!!

My eldest brother:I would say he seems more on the spectrum then anyone else.He was a real dare devil as a child,got intoi loads of trouble.He once played hide and seek and hid under a car and got run over when the person didnt know he was there and reversed over him.He walked in a dirty pond and cut his foot open.

He never had friends(well had one at a time) until he was a teenager(15)Very violent,he often punched and kicked me and my other brother(once he even broke my nose)He would start fires. Got a dx of ADHD at 8 and was on retalin until age 14.He loved theatre acting and art.Started to become very neat and a perfectionist around 13.And is still the same.He also likes things his way or no way.He is always right,its even a family joke.He has to have an itenery when he goes on holiday,or even just a day away.

My middle brother: Very active,boysterious.Also took risks.Very popular,always had loads of friends but never really opens up to anyone.Very emotional.Extremely clever never studied for exams but would get 75-90% always!!!Never finished school.Got expelled twice-oince for punching someone another time for being disrespectful.Always back chatting.

Loves animals.Had speech problems as an infant.Gets depressed easily.He got a dx last year for bipolar.

Me:The quiet one.Always wanted to be alone.Had speech problems co ordination problems,went to OT from 3 until 10.Struggled with maths had to be tutored from 9 until 16.Always lied to friends about what job my parents did and made up siblings and friends.Never feared anything.Very over dramatic with certain things.Often missed school because of nerves.Self harmed for four years.

So as you can see I have a very dysfunctional family.Prehaps if I posted how concerned I am about my brother or myself,someone may have said that he/I may have ASD.It is obvious we dont just have problems really!!!I know this because Sam has a dx of AS and his problems are so much more obvious,he is just so different.I would never waste a doctors time by saying I think I have AS cause I am shy.So my point is I totally get what people here mean when talking about self dx'ing and seeing things that are not there.

PS I am not aiming this at anyone,its just an observation and I dont mean to offend anyone.

First my father: ... gets angry easily gives up on tasks quickly(like flat packed items,he will be swearing and wounding himself)

And here we have the very problem of self dx. If we were to say that this was ASD, we would miss what was actually going on. It is quite clear to me that your father has a very different condition (although some characteristics may present as ASD). He is actually suffering from Ikeaism.

Ikeaism - The Triad of Impairments

Communication - inability to follow instructions or even unwillingness even to look a the instructions, difficulty comprehending written instructions, preference for following pictures rather than reading small print, inability to ask for help, reduced to grunting when asked how much longer he will take to complete the shelves. Communicates difficulties inappropriately, reduced to swearing at the inanimate furniture.

Interaction - inability to work with others in constructing shelves. Inability to work together starting at different points and not meeting in the middle, anger directed towards others who try to offer helpful suggestions, refusal to return broken kits to the shop as this would involve interaction with sales assistants, refusal to call the helpline.

Imagination - inability to perceive that giant shelves in large shop will not fit in small room at home, will only accept one way of working, will not see that an alternative may be better, insistence that all the extras in the ikea catalogue must be included in what they are making, refusal to use tools that would work just as well, instead searching for the exact Allen key, disbelief that the pictures might lie and takes out inability to reproduce these on the self, hitting fingers with hammers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: oh mumble that made me laugh, thankyou.....its been a bad week and that cheered me up no end :thumbs:

And here we have the very problem of self dx. If we were to say that this was ASD, we would miss what was actually going on. It is quite clear to me that your father has a very different condition (although some characteristics may present as ASD). He is actually suffering from Ikeaism.

Ikeaism - The Triad of Impairments

Communication - inability to follow instructions or even unwillingness even to look a the instructions, difficulty comprehending written instructions, preference for following pictures rather than reading small print, inability to ask for help, reduced to grunting when asked how much longer he will take to complete the shelves. Communicates difficulties inappropriately, reduced to swearing at the inanimate furniture.

Interaction - inability to work with others in constructing shelves. Inability to work together starting at different points and not meeting in the middle, anger directed towards others who try to offer helpful suggestions, refusal to return broken kits to the shop as this would involve interaction with sales assistants, refusal to call the helpline.

Imagination - inability to perceive that giant shelves in large shop will not fit in small room at home, will only accept one way of working, will not see that an alternative may be better, insistence that all the extras in the ikea catalogue must be included in what they are making, refusal to use tools that would work just as well, instead searching for the exact Allen key, disbelief that the pictures might lie and takes out inability to reproduce these on the self, hitting fingers with hammers.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: DP to a tee!

I was thinking this morning about some posts on here,in particular from BD,about how people dx themselves and prehaps dx others.

I wanted to show how my family can seem like everyone is on the spectrum,of course they are not but it made me giggle!!!

First my father: always moody,never had friends,doesnt like quiet(always needs a radio or telly on) gets angry easily gives up on tasks quickly(like flat packed items,he will be swearing and wounding himself)

My mother: completley eccentric,like a hippy.Loves art and theatres.Hates noise.Has huge issues with food(GF,DF,WF,etc etc)Can appear calm,happy,lovely most of the time,then she snaps and shouts and swears!!!

My eldest brother:I would say he seems more on the spectrum then anyone else.He was a real dare devil as a child,got intoi loads of trouble.He once played hide and seek and hid under a car and got run over when the person didnt know he was there and reversed over him.He walked in a dirty pond and cut his foot open.

He never had friends(well had one at a time) until he was a teenager(15)Very violent,he often punched and kicked me and my other brother(once he even broke my nose)He would start fires. Got a dx of ADHD at 8 and was on retalin until age 14.He loved theatre acting and art.Started to become very neat and a perfectionist around 13.And is still the same.He also likes things his way or no way.He is always right,its even a family joke.He has to have an itenery when he goes on holiday,or even just a day away.

My middle brother: Very active,boysterious.Also took risks.Very popular,always had loads of friends but never really opens up to anyone.Very emotional.Extremely clever never studied for exams but would get 75-90% always!!!Never finished school.Got expelled twice-oince for punching someone another time for being disrespectful.Always back chatting.

Loves animals.Had speech problems as an infant.Gets depressed easily.He got a dx last year for bipolar.

Me:The quiet one.Always wanted to be alone.Had speech problems co ordination problems,went to OT from 3 until 10.Struggled with maths had to be tutored from 9 until 16.Always lied to friends about what job my parents did and made up siblings and friends.Never feared anything.Very over dramatic with certain things.Often missed school because of nerves.Self harmed for four years.

So as you can see I have a very dysfunctional family.Prehaps if I posted how concerned I am about my brother or myself,someone may have said that he/I may have ASD.It is obvious we dont just have problems really!!!I know this because Sam has a dx of AS and his problems are so much more obvious,he is just so different.I would never waste a doctors time by saying I think I have AS cause I am shy.So my point is I totally get what people here mean when talking about self dx'ing and seeing things that are not there.

PS I am not aiming this at anyone,its just an observation and I dont mean to offend anyone.

Justine thats made me giggle! Especially the getting run over bit :whistle:

Yay! Now do one about wimmin n shoe shops (or choklitt) :thumbs::lol:

lol I am a woman and own one pair of shoes does that make me a shoe-phobic? Took me over a year to buy some trainers for the gym :lol:

Choklitter's Syndrome - A neuro-biological and tummy/brain mis-signalling syndrome more commonly afflicting females, often occurring in monthly waves (:whistle:) and characterised by a triad of impairments which may mimic ASDs*

Communication - Generally, communication skills develop age-appropriately and appear to be normal. However, certain speech difficulties and peculiarities will be present. When in the presence of choklitt, suffers will experience sensory overload symptoms, manifesting in increased saliva production, making speech unclear. Additionally, over-stimulation such as walking past Hotel Choklitt or Thornytons will result in a lack of receptive language and a lack of eye-contact, with the whole head turned away from the conversation instigator and focusing instead on the choklitt displays. At such times, speech to communicate needs may also be lost with the sufferer grunting and/or drooling and pulling their accompanying partner into the shop. Communicative decision making becomes very hard in such an over-stimulating environment for the CS sufferer. An accompanying partner may try to placate the situation by asking if they would like choklitt X or choklitt Y, but such a request will be, at best, met with a 'yes'. CS sufferers are unable to make decisions containing an 'or' as their need for, and fear of going without, choklitt is so high.

Interaction - CS sufferers are unable to share choklitt - to take some from them is literally like taking candy from a baby and will result in melted-choc-down. The CS sufferer makes multiple attempts to please others, often inappropriately - this is especially true where they have learnt to receive choklitt as a reward and as such this should be avoided. CS people may appear to interact well with others, however, closer inspection will reveal manipulative and often blackmailing behaviours, however subtle, as they attempt to extract choklitt from those they interact with. CS females may appear to develop angry phases where interaction is often inappropriate, involving a short temper, refusal to listen to others, low mood and moodiness. This is one exception to the general guidelines for handling CS and females in such a phase should be plied with choklitt (preferably large quantities and on the end of a very long stick for safety).

Imagination - At all times, but particularly so when in or heading towards melted-choc-down, CS sufferers are unable to think outside of the present or project towards the future. As such, telling them they may have choklitt in 10 minutes, this afternoon or tomorrow is incomprehensible. Visual aids based around usual choklitt consumption are required to provide daily structure and reassurance that further choklitt will be forthcoming. As CS sufferers can usually reduce symptomatology through self-medication with choklitt and believe that everything about them is due to their CS, they are unable to comprehend that others may have non-CS difficulties or that choklitt may not always be the answer. This manifests itself as a distinct lack of empathy.

Additional Symptomatology:
CS suffers are usually hypo-sensitive to choklitt and need vast quantities to provide satisfaction. They may however, at times display hyper-sensitivity, being able to 'sniff-out' a Hotel Choklitt from outside the city walls. Sensory under-load, related to imagination and an inability to see things differently from the present situation, may result in the CS sufferer believing there to be no choklitt available, resulting in melted-choc-down.

Recent research suggests CS suffers to have a tummy/brain signalling problem - even after consuming vast quantities of choklitt or regular food, the sufferer will insist on eating more choklitt. It appears that in the presence of choklitt the normally functioning 'full' switch malfunctions. Further, it is believed that the chemicals and additives in choklitt are craved by CS sufferers bodies, hence the brain telling the tummy to send out 'hungry' signs when choklitt is detected in order to satisfy such cravings.

Female CS sufferers - as noted previously, some female CS sufferers represent a malicious inconsistent sub-group. Whilst at most times they may only exhibit the signs of mild CS or even not demonstrate enough to be diagnosable at all, at particular times (often, although research is yet to confirm this, occurring around a full moon) they will show all the symptoms of severe Choklitter's Syndrome including extremes of anger and irritability. Most sufferers will instinctively know to self-medicate with increased dosages of choklitt however is should be ensured that this is available in plentiful supplies. During these periods (excuse the pun) of extreme suffering, interaction and communication may be minimal, and where occurring, may be inappropriate involving shouting and excessive and inappropriate demands.

Previous research suggested that a brown tinge to the lips and chin where characteristic of CS. However, further research funding by WWS (Wet-Wipes Association) has debunked this and this is no longer included within the diagnostic manual.

*Permission to reproduce diagnostic criteria kindly given by the charity, Combined Help Over Choklitter's Syndrome (C.H.O.C.S), reg. charity no. 246265283. As a charity CHOCS receives no Government funding, therefore appreciates all donations. To reduce administration costs, donations sent in the form of chocolate are most well received. Please send all donations to our administration secretary, Mumble, who will ensure all chocolate goods are appropriately processed.

Oh my Mumble :lol:

You should go into stand up comedy honestly :clap:

Nah, I wrote it sitting down. :P

Your family cannot seem like everyone is on the spectrum because clearly there are NTs and there are autistics.

Anyone who has the attitude that everyone is on the spectrum doesn't fully understand autism. If they did then

sweeping generalisations like that one wouldn't happen.

A very offended.

A very offended.

It's called a joke. :rolleyes: Sometimes I do wonder if you go out of your way to be offended. Just so we are absolutely clear, 'Ikeaitis' and 'Choklitter Syndrome' are also jokes. They are made up. I know this may be difficult to comprehend as they come from an Autistic and autistics don't have imagination, but hey.... :whistle::lol:

Justine, I found it amusing, as I'm sure most others did. In fact, I think it makes a very good point about some of the issues often raised on this forum. :)

Edited by Mumble

Is Choklitter's Syndorme a spectrum?

What about those (like myself) who only experience symptoms when in the presence of white choklitt?

Is this a sub type of the same syndrome or does it warrant a separate diagnosis? :unsure:

K x

It's called a joke. :rolleyes: Sometimes I do wonder if you go out of your way to be offended. Just so we are absolutely clear, 'Ikeaitis' and 'Choklitter Syndrome' are also jokes. They are made up. I know this may be difficult to comprehend as they come from an Autistic and autistics don't have imagination, but hey.... :whistle::lol:

Justine, I found it amusing, as I'm sure most others did. In fact, I think it makes a very good point about some of the issues often raised on this forum. :)

Thank you mumble :notworthy:

Kathryn,I think mumble will have to answer she is the Tony Attwood of Choklitter Syndrome.

Accherley Choklitter Syndrome is an identified disorder in DSM V , and should not be mocked in this way...

First identified in Edingburgh, the chief symptom is an overwhelming compulsion in parks to deliberately scatter rubbish rather than disposing of it in the provided bins.

In Royal Tunbridge Wells they have identified a related syndrome known as Detritus Dance.

Shame on you all, making light of the afflicted in such a callous manner :shame:

L&P

BD :D

I also wanted to add,all jokes aside.The statistics say 1 in every 100 okay,so theoritically if you put 100 people in a room only 1 will be on the spectrum.So therefore back to my original point,I have seen many people on here saying how practically there whole family are on the spectrum,lets say 5 people in a family are on the spectrum and they live in a village of 500 they will be the only family in the village on the spectrum,in theory :unsure: Of course it doesnt make sense which is pricesley my point.Dont get me wrong its obvious more than one child can be on the spectrum because its genetics so its possible but like other genetic conditions it is also rare.

I find it incredible if a couple are both on the spectrum,firstly what are the chances of them actually meeting? Secondly in todays society most couples ancestry is often from opposite sides of the globe making it even more unlikely.And just because they both on the spectrum doesnt mean their kids will be to,it will be likely but not 100% certain.

Just my feelings after reading peoples posts thats all,by the way I have never read any books on ASD,maybe I should but I feel I can get more info from here.

Is Choklitter's Syndorme a spectrum?

What about those (like myself) who only experience symptoms when in the presence of white choklitt?

Yes, rather like ASD which is often represented by a rainbow, CS is also represented by shades from white through light brown to dark brown. Rather like a monochrome ASD rainbow. :lol:

Is this a sub type of the same syndrome or does it warrant a separate diagnosis? :unsure:

Well, as stated in the diagnostic manual, most females experience irregular symptoms that encompass the full spectrum rather than constant symptoms located within one strand. You are clearly located towards the lighter end of the spectrum, although here there are two separate diagnoses - you may have Higher Functioning Choklitter's Syndrome (HFCS), a dx reserved for those who graduate towards the finer (higher - hence the name - and more exclusive things in life). Individual's with this dx tend to associate themselves within the higher echelons of society and demand the finest quality handmade white choklitt. Alternatively you may have the more common form, MBK, thought to come within the CS spectrum. MBK is now usually known by its initials, although comes from Dr C. Ocobean's observation of a number of children exhibiting a fascination with and dietary preference similar to the Milky Bar Kid. Dr C. Ocobean used to refer to these slightly odd characters as his Milky Bar Kid Syndrome Children, but this being a bit of a mouthful was shortened to MBK. It was only later that he realised that another doctor, Dr. P. Enguin (a distant relative of mine) who is credited for his pioneering work on Chokitter's Syndrome, was probably investigating a similar, if not the same, condition, and lately many commentators have combined their work, with the latest suggestion being to remove the sub-categories and refer only to, and to only diagnose, Choklitter's Syndrome, or, as it may be renamed, Choklitter Spectrum Disorder.

Not making light of it, sorry for any offence caused. Just desparate to know if my problem warrents a bona fide dx which wouild entitle me to CA (choklitt allowance) at the higher rate. :unsure::D

Edited to add - thankyou Mumble, your explanation has done much to reassure me.

However, the recent devastating news from Cadburys that they were going to remove the white chocolate "Dreams" from their Heroes assortment causes some concern. Are HFCS/MBK sufferers becoming increasingly more marginalised?? Is this disability discrimination, and if so,what can be done? Please advise.

Edited by Kathryn

*Puts on serious hat*

I also wanted to add,all jokes aside.The statistics say 1 in every 100 okay,so theoritically if you put 100 people in a room only 1 will be on the spectrum.So therefore back to my original point,I have seen many people on here saying how practically there whole family are on the spectrum,lets say 5 people in a family are on the spectrum and they live in a village of 500 they will be the only family in the village on the spectrum,in theory :unsure: Of course it doesnt make sense which is pricesley my point.Dont get me wrong its obvious more than one child can be on the spectrum because its genetics so its possible but like other genetic conditions it is also rare.

I find it incredible if a couple are both on the spectrum,firstly what are the chances of them actually meeting? Secondly in todays society most couples ancestry is often from opposite sides of the globe making it even more unlikely.And just because they both on the spectrum doesnt mean their kids will be to,it will be likely but not 100% certain.

Several points I'd like to make here, but this is just a quick answer so I don't bore people and so I actually get my real work done and get to bed at a reasonable hour before having to get up at an unreasonable hour tomorrow morning (one that I didn't know existed until I checked my alarm clock... :lol:)...

Statistics - the 1/100 estimate is a population estimate. This cannot be applied to any 100 people, unfortunately as a nice as a model that is, it's not how statistics works.

Genetics - I can't remember what the stats are here, but it's not that low that if one child has ASD another one will. It increases for twins and if the grandparents (there appears to be a generational skipping thing) are on the spectrum.

Both parents on the spectrum - Simon Baron-Cohen talks about assortive mating and how people on the spectrum may be more likely to be attracted to one another. It's interesting, though personally I'm not sure about it, although I know for instance that I wouldn't cope with a partner so far off the spectrum (if that makes sense) that I was having to cope with a loud character, so I can sort of see where it comes from. Neither of the longer term partners I have had were on the spectrum but both were closer to being on the spectrum, if that makes sense - they were both mathematical, quiet, had obsessions that others might consider odd etc. so better suited my character, so I can see where the idea comes from. I have never understood, although I guess it applies to some, the saying 'opposites attract'. If both parents are on the spectrum there is again a higher likelihood that their children will be, but it certainly isn't a given. They are more likely (statistically) to be NT.

*Takes off serious hat and puts on silly hat - ahhh, that's more comfortable :jester:)* - The following can be considered a joke.

Accherley Choklitter Syndrome is an identified disorder in DSM V , and should not be mocked in this way...

First identified in Edingburgh, the chief symptom is an overwhelming compulsion in parks to deliberately scatter rubbish rather than disposing of it in the provided bins.

Indeed. In the most serious cases, sufferers want to act appropriately and approach the provided bins but are compelled by an overwhelming internal force to drop the rubbish in the near vicinity of the bin. Forcing them to pick up their litter and place it in the bin will result in melt-choc-down and should be avoided. The sufferer should instead by rewarded (with choklitt) for dropping the litter near the bin and in future the carers should take responsibility for all rubbish disposal in order to reduce the strain on the sufferer.

Actually other peoples comments offend me i dont have to go anywhere to get offended. In this case the "we all have autism" was offensive to me. Any chance it could be flagged up as a joke please? Unless i missed something (ie the smiley that says it's a joke).

Hang on why do you think autistics dont have an imagination? Thats total rubbish!

An even more offended!!!!

Thank you mumble :notworthy:

Kathryn,I think mumble will have to answer she is the Tony Attwood of Choklitter Syndrome.

Not possible since the condition doesnt even exist!

Not making light of it, sorry for any offence caused. Just desparate to know if my problem warrents a bona fide dx which wouild entitle me to CA (choklitt allowance) at the higher rate. :unsure::D

Edited to add - thankyou Mumble, your explanation has done much to reassure me.

However, the recent devastating news from Cadburys that they were going to remove the white chocolate "Dreams" from their Heroes assortment causes some concern. Are HFCS/MBK sufferers becoming increasingly more marginalised?? Is this disability discrimination, and if so,what can be done? Please advise.

Cadburys got took over by Kraft, so choklitt is now going to be made in a cheezee flavour

Cadburys got took over by Kraft, so choklitt is now going to be made in a cheezee flavour

yum! would certainly beat the normal kind. is there also a disorder for people who don't like chocolate?

You are slightly mistaken with your terminology. I think you are referring to CLA (Choklitt Living Allowance). There are two bars to CLA - Care and Mobility. I've copied this advice for you from the DWCP (Dept. of Work and Choklitt Pensions*) website:

Who can get Choklitt Living Allowance?

You may get Choklitt Living Allowance if:

you have a physical or mental need for choklitt over and above that experience by the general population, or both

your choklitt needs are severe enough for you to need help preparing and rationing choklitt yourself or you have difficulty walking to Hotel Choklitt to obtain supplies, or both

you are under 65 when you claim (anyone older was alive in the war, and they
know
how to ration choklitt - these conditions didn't exist in their day...
:whistle:
)

How much do you get?

Choklitt Living Allowance has two parts called 'bars':

a care bar - if you need help preparing and rationing choklitt yourself or supervision to keep you safe from gorging in the presence of choklitt

a mobility bar - if you have difficulty walking to Hotel Choklitt to obtain supplies

Some people will be entitled to receive just one bar; others may get both (sometimes referred to as receiving a Twix CLA Package - i.e. Two Bars)

The care bar and mobility bar are paid at different rates depending on how your choklitt syndrome affects you.

If you have care needs

To get the care bar of Choklitt Living Allowance, your choklitt needs must be severe enough for you to either:

need help with things such as washing and dressing after smearing choklitt, eating choklitt in a socially acceptable manner, or communicating your needs without grunting or drooling

need supervision to avoid you putting yourself or others in substantial danger particularly in the presence of choklitt, for instance running across the road to Thornytons and not checking to see the road is clear of choklitt delivery vans and Cadbury Vehicles

need someone with you when you are on choklitt replacement therapy**

be unable to prepare a cooked choklitt main meal for yourself (if you had the ingredients), if you are aged 16 or over

If you have mobility needs

To get the mobility bar of Choklitt Living Allowance, your choklitt needs must be severe enough for you to have any of the following walking difficulties:

because of choklitt syndrome, you are unable or virtually unable to walk to Hotel Choklitt without severe discomfort, or at risk of endangering your life or causing deterioration in your health by making the effort to walk, or are a severe risk to others and unaware of your surroundings where nearby choklitt outlets

you have no feet or legs as you accidentally ingested these why trying to lick off the dribbled choklitt

you have severe behavioural problems when in the presence of choklitt and qualify for the highest rate of care bar

you need guidance or supervision most of the time from another person when walking out of doors in unfamiliar places in order to swiftly access choklitt and to avoid inappropriate interactions with others

If you are entitled to the higher mobility bar, you may also be entitled to a specially adapted
allowing you to independently access necessary choklitt supplies whilst also warning others of your presence and making your special needs visible to others.

Those who live with you and look after you may also be interested in applying for CCA (Choklitt Carer's Allowance) although I cannot find the necessary literature on this currently - although I think it's paid where your carers have to spend much of their time either feeding you choklitt or keeping you self from overfeeding yourself choklitt.

I would suggest that this is blatant discrimination. The are suggesting by their actions that those at the higher end of the spectrum are less worthy of support and cannot be considered for hero treatment. It has already been shown that Hero treatment is most effective if instigated early and their actions are reducing the possibility of such treatment potentially resulting in longer term difficulties. As a first step, I would suggest angrily barging into their headquarters (preferably when they are in the middle of a team meeting) and demanding to speak to the head of operations, ensuring they are aware that you case is more important than that of the 29 other members in the board meeting. Additionally, I would be seeking a range of independent reports to verify your symptoms and explain the need for the specific treatment you are seeking. These will need to justify why an alternative, which may be more cost effective, in not viable. As Cadbury's receives money from and makes donations to, the Government (many members of the House of Lords are undiagnosed HFCS), it would be unlikely that a local Choklitt Service would provide such a necessary recommendation, therefore you will be required to (choklitt)sauce a number of independent professionals (I, having Dr. P. Enguin as a distant relative, can provide such a report at a cost). If you are successful, you may eventually be able to obtain a Statement of Choklitt Needs detailing your individual requirements for different choklitt therapies and for how many hours a day these should be provided. If it is noted that Dreams Therapy should form part of your overall package (Selection Box), Cadbury's will be legally obliged to provide this for you.

*Choklitt Pensions are being phased in to replace the current state pension. They appear to be paid at a much higher rate, but pensioners have found that, with the increased temperature of their homes due to the increased winter fuel allowance, choklitt pensions are melting as soon as they are delivered and are hence uncashable. One disgruntled pensioner stated that they were as useful as a chocolate teapot and alluded to rumours that the Government knew exactly what they were doing when simultaneously introducing higher winter fuel payments with the move to choklitt money payments for pensions.

**Choklitt Replacement Therapy is used in very severe cases whereby the individual requires long term care usually within a hospital or secure setting. The individual's need for choklitt is so extreme, and their behaviour without it so volatile, that they are attached to a CRT machine for at least 18 hours a day. This takes out choklitt depleted blood from their system and replaces it with a direct choklitt IV infusion. In cases where such treatment proves not to be strong enough, doctors may consider GCE (Gaseous Choklitt Exchange) whereby vapourised choklitt is breathed in 24 hours a day via nasal canular. These can be quite distressing to patients, although choklitt balm has been found to sooth irritations from medical equipment. Research is currently under way into the possibilities of a slow release choklitt implant to be placed sub-cutaneously in the upper arm, providing a low-level, but continuous, choklitt supply.

:sick: Choklitt, yum :eat: Cheese, yum :eat: Choklitt Cheese... :sick: Though, provided they take the cheese flavour out, choklitt strings might be fun :D

yum! would certainly beat the normal kind. is there also a disorder for people who don't like chocolate?

:lol: I remember reading before that you didn't like chocolate. I always thought I'd heard the worst when I taught a girl who didn't like ice-cream, but I think you top that!! :lol: (I'm laughing with, not at, you, just to avoid confusion).

To answer your question, using the CS diagnostic scale, you would simply be at the extreme of NT, scoring zero for every question. You're normal. Congratulations. :lol::unsure:

Mumble you must be bored.where do you come up with all this?you are hilarious :lol:

but do be careful the humourless police are on your heels :shame:

:sick: Choklitt, yum :eat: Cheese, yum :eat: Choklitt Cheese... :sick: Though, provided they take the cheese flavour out, choklitt strings might be fun :D

:lol: I remember reading before that you didn't like chocolate. I always thought I'd heard the worst when I taught a girl who didn't like ice-cream, but I think you top that!! :lol: (I'm laughing with, not at, you, just to avoid confusion).

To answer your question, using the CS diagnostic scale, you would simply be at the extreme of NT, scoring zero for every question. You're normal. Congratulations. :lol::unsure:

I would be normal to I am afraid :( I prefer savoury food can I pay for a dx of that instead?

Where is BD?thought he would be putting in more effort :o

In this case the "we all have autism" was offensive to me. Any chance it could be flagged up as a joke please? Unless i missed something (ie the smiley that says it's a joke).

You missed something:

can seem like everyone is on the spectrum,of course they are not but it made me giggle!!!

Giggling is usually associated with a joke. :)

Hang on why do you think autistics dont have an imagination?

I don't.

Thats total rubbish!

Yes, I hope I have shown that here.

Not possible since the condition doesnt even exist!

Of course it exists. I wrote about it, as have others, Kathryn is showing symptoms of it, therefore it must be real. Surely we wouldn't all have an ulterior motive and be trying to mislead... :whistle:

Genius! :lol::notworthy:

If you are entitled to the higher mobility bar, you may also be entitled to a specially adapted Choklitt Syndrome Mobility Vehicle allowing you to independently access necessary choklitt supplies whilst also warning others of your presence and making your special needs visible to others.[/color][/indent]

Thankyou for your information re CLA. :) I really really want one of these vehicles, but I have heard that unfortunately they tend to be restricted to sufferers of Fragile Eggs Syndrome.

K x

Mumble you must be bored.where do you come up with all this?you are hilarious :lol:

Bored, no. Have other things I am supposed to be doing but don't want to do, yes. Plus, it seems a long time since we've had a less serious and (almost) innocent thread and I'm enjoying it and could do with a laugh. :)

My apologies to the humourless police. :shame: Do you think they'll use choklitt handcuffs when they arrest me? :unsure::eat1:

I would be normal to I am afraid :( I prefer savoury food can I pay for a dx of that instead?

You can't have a dx of 'normal' but what you can do, if you pay me or my associates enough, is have your existing symptomatology tweaked to draw out the severity of your normal range symptoms (we could ensure you were assessed on a bad day - at an additional charge), bringing these into line with the diagnosable criteria, at least for MBK. You would then be able to claim for CLA and other services. :)

Thankyou for your information re CLA. :) I really really want one of these vehicles, but I have heard that unfortunately they tend to be restricted to sufferers of Fragile Eggs Syndrome.

Yes, that is usually the case, although with the right medical reports it can be possible for those with severe CS without a co-morbid of FES to obtain one. Provided you carefully choose your doctor to provide a report (apparently a Dr C. Adbury's works in this field and he claims to be independent :unsure:) you may be able to prove that you qualify for higher bar mobility and therefore a car.

If unsuccessful, you may still be able to appeal for Special Adaptations* made to your current car to make it appropriate to your condition.

*Note that the example shown in only suitable for full CS sufferers. HFCS sufferers will require this in a different material.

Excuse me but just because i don't have the same sense of humour as mumble doesn't mean im humorous.

My family wouldn't call me funny if i didn't have a sense of humour.

Difficulty recognising jokes is part of ASD, read the diagnostic criterion if you don't beleive me!

Take that the pair of you :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

An even more offended !

You missed something:

"can seem like everyone is on the spectrum,of course they are not but it made me giggle!!!"

Giggling is usually associated with a joke. :)

It is also associated with taking the mickey which i think the respondents to this post are doing.

So you don't beleive that all people are on the spectrum then? Why did you imply that you did?

I don't.

Your post did say "we dont have any imagination". i remember reading it. So you must think we dont unless

you were lying?

Yes, I hope I have shown that here.

Why say something that you think is rubbish if you dont? Why lie?

Of course it exists. I wrote about it, as have others, Kathryn is showing symptoms of it, therefore it must be real. Surely we wouldn't all have an ulterior motive and be trying to mislead... :whistle:

Yes you would all be trying to mislead me. Show me the dictionary.com definition if the disorder is real as you so claim!

BTW when someone says they are offended it is manners to offer an apology even if that offence wasn't intended.

A very upset and confused.

Bored, no. Have other things I am supposed to be doing but don't want to do, yes. Plus, it seems a long time since we've had a less serious and (almost) innocent thread and I'm enjoying it and could do with a laugh. :)

My apologies to the humourless police. :shame: Do you think they'll use choklitt handcuffs when they arrest me? :unsure::eat1:

You can't have a dx of 'normal' but what you can do, if you pay me or my associates enough, is have your existing symptomatology tweaked to draw out the severity of your normal range symptoms (we could ensure you were assessed on a bad day - at an additional charge), bringing these into line with the diagnosable criteria, at least for MBK. You would then be able to claim for CLA and other services. :)

Bad idea since you arent a registered diagnostician.

Difficulty recognising jokes is part of ASD, read the diagnostic criterion if you don't beleive me!

and yet all the rest of us find it funny (or very clever). noone has every aspect of ASD and i dont quite see the benefit in trying to prove you're 'more' AS by having every trait in the book. having AS doesn't mean you're totally oblivious and by about the third post it was blatantly obvious it was a joke from peoples responses (including a large number of smilies), even if you didn't find the text itself funny.

My apologies to the humourless police. shame.gif Do you think they'll use choklitt handcuffs when they arrest me? unsure.gif eat.gif

tyrekster reply

Make a real apology instead of ridiculing me please. No such thing as choklitt handcuffs and unfortunately ridicule cannot be arrested for or i would lock oyu up and throw away the key until you stopped taking the mickey out of autism and dismissing it as "something everyones got!"

QUOTE (Mumble @ Apr 25 2010, 10:42 PM)

Do you think they'll use choklitt handcuffs when they arrest me?

Keep your lurid fantasies to yourself, my girl, this is a family forum. :o;):shame:

K x :devil:

Edited by Kathryn

Why lie?

Because I am a truly thoughtless and horrible person. My most sincere and humble apologies.

Keep your lurid fantasies to yourself, my girl, this is a family forum. :o:shame:;)

Again, sorry. For sharing such thoughts and for causing such distress to others, I shall take myself and my choklitt handcuffs off to bed. :whistle::devil:

Blaymeeee this topic certainly took orf didden it!

I've got some catching up to do on the morrow! :lol:

I hope I can sleep tonight, though, as i've just seen a very strange advert that could keep me tossing and turning all night (fnar fnar) unless i can work it out (yak yak)...

The man said 'shopping is a bit like spinning plates - you want good value, but you also want lot's of choice'

?????????????????

Wozzitalkinabaht?

Am I being thick? Is there some sort of connection between plate spinning, good value and choice that I'm missing? Is it a riddle - some sort of new cryptic advertising style? A 'teaser ad' perhaps? Maybe he'll tell us on the next one why shopping is like plate spinning and what it has to do with value and choice? :unsure:

Shopping is like plate spinning - you need long bamboo sticks and some cheap china with dents in the middle of the bases?

Shopping is like plate spinning - you run around like a blue ar*ed fly in tight robin egg blue slacks and a frill-fronted shirt?

Shopping is like plate spinning - boring, knackering and ultimately pointless?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - I now get the point....

L&P

BD :D