smiley1590

our house been valued!!!

today estate agent that sold my nan's house came round to value our house my parents have told us that there should be a for sale board outside the house by end of next week my brother and parents really excited my mum said to think of the move out of this house as new adventure but just spinning my head to peices my mum said that probably best when they move if i go out for a couple of hours with my support worker or cousin to keep out way as i get too restless frustrated and anxious waiting as i never moved before we pnly moving nearer town not too far but far enough for me out my safe environment had so much change sick of it! fed up! but willl help our family situation in long term with money worries etc my dad getting rid of his car so only have my mum's car and we dowgrading to smaller town house but i have box tiny room at the moment but my parents want to try find me bigger sized bedroom as my twin brother has one at the moment fit his equipment in his room! just unknown of anything throws me all over the place .... suppose it a massive change and one bound to cause anxiety and friction worry confusion! can't imagine how going to be when move out into my own flat grrr... scary feel so out of control like everything else it should be positive feel like massive challenge hurdle everything's going to be up in the air unsettled and struggling with anxiety and stress as is! my parents keep trying to reassure and guide me as know how much anxiety and stress it going to cause for me! going to get two rose bushes on my nan memory in new house! after bad couple of years mum wants fresh start ..... and feel like this house been bad luck! they feel time to move on and out we have hellish selfish NOISY LOUD neighbours drive us all mad crazy and do nothing to STOP IT makes us more stress and anxious and other side chat when want to or sometimes igorn you pensioners but still be rude!

am i overacting in this situation? or is this normal thoughts n feelings? someone please let me know? many thanks!

XKX

I read somewhere that after berievement of a close family member and getting divorced moving house is the third most stressful thing that you can do. It's perfectly normal to be a bit stressed about the uncertainty of it all, but your parents have done it before and it sounds as if a move would benefit everyone in the long term.

Edited by call me jaded

Hi Smiley,

Most people would feel apprehensive about moving to a new house. Bereavement and moving house is "Top of the Stress Charts" for anyone.

I'm sure your parents must have given this decision to move, a lot of thought. Try not to get stressed - thats what parents are for ! Let them deal with the hassle. The suggestion that you go off for a few hours with your cousin or social worker, isn't a bad idea. Better still, what about going off to stay with your cousin for a week, so you don't have to endure the packing and unpacking ?

It is difficult when you have lived in a place that is familiar and feels safe but I am sure that once you are away from the neighbours from Hell and your parents no longer have the financial worries of keeping an expensive house and two cars, they will feel more relaxed and that will have a positive effect on you. Try and concentrate on the positives, eg. the larger bedroom and anything else you can think of.