Sign in to follow this  
Jennasmum

Hi all

My name is Ann and I've been registered to this forum for a while but have holded off joining as i wanted to wait for the diagnosis.

My daughter has been diagnoised today as high functioning autistic and i have joined here in hopes to find help and support with her.

She is 4 and lives with me and my hubby (her dad).

We noticed about a year ago that she was really struggling with Speech and Language and social interaction. She has certain obessions with clean hands, lining all sorts of things up and she has to have routines, if we dont follow routines then she becomes extreamly upset and has (what i would describe as) panic attacks. She can be very tunnel visioned and has to finish things off before she moves on to the next thing, ie if she starts a jigsaw she has to finish it before she can have her dinner or go out or do anything else.

We have a fab peadtrician who has and is continueing to support us in getting Jenna the assistance she needs at school. The past 6months have been horrible as i have been made to feel by some 'friends' and family that i've been almost making it up and exatraging Jennas quirks, so getting the diagnosis is like a huge relief - strange eh?

Well thats me and i look forward to talking to you all soon xxxx

Hi

Welcome to the forum :)

I have four boys,second son has Aspergers Syndrome he is six currently undergoing statementing process.My third son is also four and suspect he has an ASD to he has his first appointment next Tuesday.

This group is really great :thumbs: Lots of things you will learn along the way.