Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Youch!

OK, so I've been an idiot and could do with some advice. :oops:

I bumped my arm at the weekend, thought it was a bit odd the way it was bruising and swollen and where it was sore, but it didn't hurt too much unless I tried carrying things or swinging it round, so just assumed it was my body being odd as usual... :whistle:

Anyway, just thought that seeing as I was at the GPs today I would just mention it for nothing more than reassurance. Hmm, not quite what I got, but was told instead that I may have a hairline fracture :o

Anyone any experience of this? The treatment seems to be nothing other than rest and keeping an eye on it - got to go back for more prodding in a few days. Because I really wasn't expecting to be told this, I hadn't thought about questions I would have that I wanted to ask. Does anyone know how long these things take to heal? Or when it'll look better - looks like I've been in a drunken brawl!!! :fight:

OK, so I've been an idiot and could do with some advice. :oops:

I bumped my arm at the weekend, thought it was a bit odd the way it was bruising and swollen and where it was sore, but it didn't hurt too much unless I tried carrying things or swinging it round, so just assumed it was my body being odd as usual... :whistle:

Anyway, just thought that seeing as I was at the GPs today I would just mention it for nothing more than reassurance. Hmm, not quite what I got, but was told instead that I may have a hairline fracture :o

Anyone any experience of this? The treatment seems to be nothing other than rest and keeping an eye on it - got to go back for more prodding in a few days. Because I really wasn't expecting to be told this, I hadn't thought about questions I would have that I wanted to ask. Does anyone know how long these things take to heal? Or when it'll look better - looks like I've been in a drunken brawl!!! :fight:

I had one in my wrist about three years ago.It still hurts now when the weather is exceptionally cold.I would say the swelling took two weeks to go down.The pain didnt go until about 4mths after.I was on codeine(sp?) but it made me sick,well later discovered I was pregnant so not sure if it were the meds after all.

I did get a sling though,which I used 2-3hrs a day, and I got a support to wear at night so I didnt bend it back or sleep on it.I would ask for these things as it does help a little.

should take about 2 weeks for a hairline fracture to heal, bigger breaks take longer (3 months) to heal properly even once out of plaster you have to take care for that time.