Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Breakthrough Day!

Wow, amazing day, probably going to regret it when I'm exhausted and find myself not coping so well tomorrow, but for now, I don't care.

Everything that could go wrong went wrong on my train journey home tonight. However, I didn't panic (well, OK, maybe just a little :rolleyes:); I could have curled up, not coped and shut the world out, but I managed not one, but two new things: I made a phone call and I got a taxi alone both in addition to speaking to another passenger to see if he knew where we actually were.

My 40 minute one-train journey turned into two trains, a taxi and a bus and lasted three hours, but I did it!!! Totally missed supper :eat: and now I'm starving as I have no food in :(, but I think I should go to bed anyway. I really need to find ways to build on this now - it could serve as the breakthrough I needed. Funny how sometimes I can manage and sometimes I can't - I just wish I understood why this is the case because then I could always apply the 'what works' methods. :D

Oh so glad my commute now is tiny, but remember the days of three hour journeys home well. It's never getting somewhere that's the problem!

Well done for keeping it all together and have a better journey today.

That is brilliant Mumble :notworthy: Sorry you had a horrible journey but its great that you were able to make other arrangments and didnt get to panicked.I always stress over public transport even if its 5min late I start getting worked up,if its hot like yesterday that makes me get even more fuming :angry:

So I really admire you :clap:

Well done Mumble! It's important to focus on things like this. I pretty much refuse to use public transport these days so I can really relate to this. I don't mind it so much if I don't have important to be, in fact I quite like catching the train, but if I have an appointment I just can't cope with it. I tend to like to arrive everywhere a good half hour before I need to and if public transport is a few minutes late it puts me in an awful mood, which I usually haven't managed to shake off my the time I get there.

Zen

Sometimes it's only things that don't happen very often that show you how much progress you have made. Even if you are struggling today as a result, that is not so important, as getting home safely.

That's fantastic - and making a phone call too, when you've said before you would find that impossible. :thumbs:

Well done - I knew you had it in you! :)

K x

That's fantastic - and making a phone call too, when you've said before you would find that impossible. :thumbs:

I know - and I know now that my phone works too!!! :lol: :lol: Now I just have to go and tell my CBT therapist tomorrow who's set out a whole programme of work we're doing at the moment building up to me making a phone call in several months time that I've gone and scuppered her plans!! :oops:

I'm soooooooo tired right now, and my train was late again coming home, so I missed the main dinner-time and I've got to wait till 10pm for my lovingly presented congealed and reheated slop... :unsure::eat: and I just has a proper strop because someone's stolen my milk again - third time in three weeks :shame:

and I just has a proper strop because someone's stolen my milk again - third time in three weeks :shame:

Have you tried adding green dye? It should put people off.

Have you tried adding green dye? It should put people off.

:lol::sick: Yes, tried that, either the student thief knew it was dyed or didn't care that the milk was green. :wacko: It just really annoys me, because I supposedly go to a 'good' university, but there are far too many students who seem to have more money than sense, and they certainly don't seem to have much thought for others. We have a 24-hour supermarket 5 minutes walk away, so there really is no excuse. I'm not that bothered about the cost of the milk, it's just really irritating; I bought the milk before going into lectures, put it in the fridge, came back late after lectures and really wanted a cup of tea, only to find the milk's gone. I'm going to have to start buying it on the way home instead, but it annoys me that I have to do that additional level of planning. :angry:

A mini fridge in your room. :)

Yeah, it's a good idea, I have one and I have resorted to using it in the past, but I find the noise (it's noisier than a normal fridge, I think :unsure:) - a sort of humming/buzzing - really distracting, especially when trying to sleep. It's OK short term, like during holidays, but not long-term, unfortunately. This cold snowy winter was wonderful as I could keep things on my outside windowsill, but it's far too hot for that now.

Does anyone know if / where you can buy those mini pots of milk (like you get with some take-away coffee for example), as they would be ideal because they're long-life so wouldn't need a fridge and I'd use each one all up in one go, so no need to put the rest in the fridge either. :unsure:

Yeah, it's a good idea, I have one and I have resorted to using it in the past, but I find the noise (it's noisier than a normal fridge, I think :unsure:) - a sort of humming/buzzing - really distracting, especially when trying to sleep. It's OK short term, like during holidays, but not long-term, unfortunately. This cold snowy winter was wonderful as I could keep things on my outside windowsill, but it's far too hot for that now.

Does anyone know if / where you can buy those mini pots of milk (like you get with some take-away coffee for example), as they would be ideal because they're long-life so wouldn't need a fridge and I'd use each one all up in one go, so no need to put the rest in the fridge either. :unsure:

You can get long life milk in 250ml,500ml and 1l they are in the isle where eggs are,I think :unsure: I used to do that when I lived in a refuge,someone used to even steal my kids packed lunch how bad is that in a womens refuge!!!

You can get long life milk in 250ml,500ml and 1l they are in the isle where eggs are,I think :unsure: I used to do that when I lived in a refuge,someone used to even steal my kids packed lunch how bad is that in a womens refuge!!!

That's awful :( I really don't understand why people steal from others, particularly when it's something so small. I couldn't do it to someone for worrying about the impact on them (and I'm supposed to be ASD and not think about how others feel... :huh:), I find it really difficult to think that there are people that are that inconsiderate in the World. :tearful:

I've bought the 250ml milk before, I was wondering if I could buy those little one drink pots - the tiny little ones that they never give you enough of on the train - because I only have milk to go in my tea so don't need much. I found one company that did them to order online, but only in boxes of 200 - I don't really want 200!!!

Oh well, at least they're helping me keep my caffeine intake down!! :rolleyes:

I have seen those pots in supermarkets, but only very small packets (about 12 of them) and they are very expensive. You are probably only going to find them in bulk because they are normally used by caterers. Even if you couldn't use all 200 before the use by date, it might still work out more cost-effective that buying milk you don't even get to use. Or you could go in a cafe and nick some :)

Or you could go in a cafe and nick some :)

:o:lol: And from a moderator too. :shame::lol:

Good point about them being cost effective *goes off to work out how much cupboard space 200 pots of milk would take up* :unsure:

That's awful :( I really don't understand why people steal from others, particularly when it's something so small. I couldn't do it to someone for worrying about the impact on them (and I'm supposed to be ASD and not think about how others feel... :huh:), I find it really difficult to think that there are people that are that inconsiderate in the World. :tearful:

I've bought the 250ml milk before, I was wondering if I could buy those little one drink pots - the tiny little ones that they never give you enough of on the train - because I only have milk to go in my tea so don't need much. I found one company that did them to order online, but only in boxes of 200 - I don't really want 200!!!

Oh well, at least they're helping me keep my caffeine intake down!! :rolleyes:

How about something like coffee mate?There are also powder milks that you mix with water,not great in cereal but okay in tea etc.

They might not take up too much space if you arrange them in straight lines :)

:lol: Sounds good. Think of all the patterns I could make. :)

I found milk in sticks though they come in boxes of 200, but would work as a last resort. I've also asked the hall manager about renting a real fridge, at least that way I could try it for a bit and see if I can cope with the buzzing. :)