Sign in to follow this  
baddad

What's the worst decision you made today?

What with all this luvverly weather we've been eating our meals in the garden...

Tonight, what with thursday being the official start of the weekend (take my word for it. It's complicated but having given up alcohol on weekdays I've found a completely logical explanation for this) i had a glass of wine with dinner tonight, and when i went out to empty the bins at around 9.00 i noticed that i'd left half a glass on the garden table. Yum yum...

For anyone who hasn't tried merlot and gnat soup yet let me assure you that it's not really a combination that's likely to catch on... i tried convincing myself the gnats were just 'tannin' but it didn't really work. Adding insult to injury, my son got me back with one of my own jokes; the other day he complained that a fly had landed in his sprite and i said 'don't worry, they don't drink very much...'

Gnats and wine aside, hope everyone's been making as much of the half-term sunshine as we have. Golf, cycling and lots of med style eating al fresco has made it a good un.

L&P

BD :D

answering the door to DP's grandparents!! Once they had inspected the room divide we are doing and judged that satifactory to their level they disappeared. Me well I was still hanging free in my PJ's and in the garden putting out the washing at 11.30am :whistle:

Gnat wine sounds really yummy!

I,m on the wine diet too :clap: .....however mine has to be supplemented by the occasional beer (lo cal variety)on the odd weekday :thumbs:

worst decision today bit early so far, but will probably end up being eating too much indian tonight.The youngest is 8 today and fancies poppadums for his tea bless :whistle: , just like his dad..

worst decision today bit early so far, but will probably end up being eating too much indian tonight.The youngest is 8 today and fancies poppadums for his tea bless :whistle: , just like his dad..

That's not a bad decision - that's a good decision! We make that decision every Friday night. Friday night is what? CURRY NIGHT!

What is sooo unfair, though, is that Ranjit (the God of Poppadoms, naan and side-dishes) blessed some skinny-minnies with the ability to eat whatever they want while other unworthies are cursed to expand just from looking sideways at a brinjal bhaji :angry:

Worst decision I made so far today? Going to bed about half an hour after making the original post last night without drinking a couple of glasses of water and taking some paracetamol... like Ranjit, Bacchus is often less than fair in distributing his favours... I only had a couple of glasses - honest injun! Or perhaps there's something in gnats that causes headaches?

L&P

Agreeing to going to the future "In-Laws" on Sunday which is my birthday. They are lovely people but I find it all quite stressful. My future father in law is obsessed with sport (not something we have in common) and when we go around he has the TV so loud that you can barely here anyone speak over it, which causes me physical pain.

They both chain smoke, and I gave up smoking a year ago, but still have very strong cravings, so that is always hard, and I am forced to eat a huge Sunday lunch, which is drenched in salt (I hate salt, but she adds it to everything) and vegetables which she has probably started boiling today, not to mention gravy which would probably constitute an environmental disaster if it ever found its way to the ocean.

On top of that I suspect we will have to go shopping on the way home due to other commitments which is another whole world of misery for me.

Oh well.

Zen

Today's worst decision...

I was clearing some of the 'jungle' from the top of my garden (this is an annual treat - the compost bin/recycling bin/incinerator have been working flat out every summer for the past 6 or 8 years, but I reckon i'm still only half way... still, at least all(?) the tree stumps are gone now) and among the brambles and stuff I spotted Ben's old giant basketball. It's about the size of a spacehopper, so that'll give you an idea of how overgrown the jungle is! Anyhoo... knowing it was punctured anyway i thought the easiest way to get it would be to stab it with my gardening fork, but what i didn't think about was all the mulch, muck and cr*p sitting underneath it, which squirted up like a tidal wave and drenched me from head to toe. Not the nicest smelling stuff, i can tell you...... :rolleyes:

Oh - and then I made the lovely discovery that the cat has been using all the footings I loose filled after taking down Ben's garden play equipment as pre-sieved outdoor litter trays :sick: Still, at least the giant basket ball wasn't sitting on top of one of them!

L&P

Today's worst decision...

I was clearing some of the 'jungle' from the top of my garden (this is an annual treat - the compost bin/recycling bin/incinerator have been working flat out every summer for the past 6 or 8 years, but I reckon i'm still only half way... still, at least all(?) the tree stumps are gone now) and among the brambles and stuff I spotted Ben's old giant basketball. It's about the size of a spacehopper, so that'll give you an idea of how overgrown the jungle is! Anyhoo... knowing it was punctured anyway i thought the easiest way to get it would be to stab it with my gardening fork, but what i didn't think about was all the mulch, muck and cr*p sitting underneath it, which squirted up like a tidal wave and drenched me from head to toe. Not the nicest smelling stuff, i can tell you...... :rolleyes:

Oh - and then I made the lovely discovery that the cat has been using all the footings I loose filled after taking down Ben's garden play equipment as pre-sieved outdoor litter trays :sick: Still, at least the giant basket ball wasn't sitting on top of one of them!

L&P

:lol: The image in my head OMG :lol:

Well today, that's an easy one....worst decision was to try and be a good employee and read the "accident awareness" posters that my company have decided to plaster all over the workplace. Unfortunately the ones I was reading were posted on the wall going all the way up the stairs (brilliant idea huh !!). I duly tripped up the stairs and was sprawled out everywhere. :wacko: Picked myself up (in one piece!) and thanked my lucky stars no one else was around. Had to laugh at the irony of it all and carried on my way. When I got to reception I saw a whole bunch of security guards in hysterics. A few wise cracks later and they had seen the whole episode on the security cameras. I don't think I'll hear the end of this.....my poor pride has taken a bit of a battering today!!!!

Edited by lucyemma