Sign in to follow this  
Stella63

Gammon in coca cola???

Yes, I have successfully cooked Nigella Lawson's recipe - gammon boiled in coca cola and then glazed in black treacle, mustard powder and sugar and baked in oven for short time.

Well, everyone loved it - OJ ate loads and said it was 'ok'. AJ and girlfriend ate loads and said it was 'chronic' - which apparently means the absolute best ever!!!

I'm really pleased - it's so difficult to find something that everyone will eat - and its also really nice cold!!

Stella xx

Not one I've tried! She has a boiled turkey recipe too which I've never tried either. Today we had chicken tikka and I cheated with the spice paste, followed by fresh pineapple with some cinnamon spinkled over. Lots of taste, minimum effort. I have been in cleaning mode all day and have de-cluttered the kitchen and shifted everything around.

Every time I read this thread title I think it's going to be some big expose on the secret ingredient in Coca Cola - vegetarians beware :lol:.

Every time I read this thread title I think it's going to be some big expose on the secret ingredient in Coca Cola - vegetarians beware :lol:.

Yeah,I thought it was a new flavour,like cherry cke.Introducing new Gammon Coke :lol:

That's what I thought too - or some kind of unfortunate accident at the bottling factory involving a bacon sandwich. "Anyone seen my lunch? I knew I shouldn't have balanced it on the edge of that vat while I did my shoelaces up..." :o:o .

K x ;)

That's what I thought too - or some kind of unfortunate accident at the bottling factory involving a bacon sandwich. "Anyone seen my lunch? I knew I shouldn't have balanced it on the edge of that vat while I did my shoelaces up..." :o:o .

K x ;)

Ha ha ha ha :lol::lol: