Sign in to follow this  
justine1

Massive task

Today we went to Mcdonalds and I decided to set Sam a task.I sat with Dan and Josh.He then had to go with Eli to the counter/till and ask for his burger,he was so quick and came back holding his burger and change in one hand and eli's hand in the other.I was so proud of him,he just shrugged as if to say "whats the big deal."

I then told him he could have the change (20p) he was really pleased about that.

"whats the big deal."

Haven't been to McDonalds' in years, but it used to be large fries and large drink for an extra twenty pee...

Well done Sam (and Eli) - Today McDonald's, Tomorrow the World (well, burger king or KFC maybe)

L&P

BD :D

That's fantastic :thumbs: - it would be fantastic for any 6 year-old. :clap:

I wish I'd been pushed into things like that when I was young as ordering in that way is something that really scares me - I hate fast food so never go to McDonald's type places so don't know if it's the same, but I really struggle with ordering in a pub if we go to one for a meal.

That's fantastic :thumbs: - it would be fantastic for any 6 year-old. :clap:

I wish I'd been pushed into things like that when I was young as ordering in that way is something that really scares me - I hate fast food so never go to McDonald's type places so don't know if it's the same, but I really struggle with ordering in a pub if we go to one for a meal.

Thank you everyone >:D<<'>

I have tried to get him to do this for about 6mths,not at the same place but usually like our local corner shop.The thing is he gets really annoyed standing in the line waiting his turn,he expects people to immediatley make way for him when he comes,he then forgets what to do when he gets to the till :lol:

Today it was very quiet so thought it was a good chance,didnt get him to order a full meal,just a burger and gave him close to the exact amount so he didnt get too confused.I wanted to send Josh over just to check on him but by the time Josh got up Sam was already back :)

Josh has been ordering thing/buying things at the shop(with me standing outside)since around the same age,I know I shouldnt push Sam,but he was up for the challenge.

On another note....Sam lost both top teeth(one week after the other) a few weeks ago,since then he has been brushing his teeth extra well,so I asked him why does he take so long nowdays,he said his teeth are falling out so he has to many cavities and needs to brush more :lol:

On another note....Sam lost both top teeth(one week after the other) a few weeks ago,since then he has been brushing his teeth extra well,so I asked him why does he take so long nowdays,he said his teeth are falling out so he has to many cavities and needs to brush more :lol:

:lol: :lol: That's very funny. :) There was a thing on TV this morning about if and when we should lie or not tell the truth. I think that's a perfect example of it being better not to supply the truth!! :D

that's great. We've been sending DS to the corner shop (which is literally on the corner of our road - about 5 buildings away!) for a year or so, and he can do that as long as he only has to get one thing. he likes that he can spend the change, and uses his maths to work out how much it will be in advance. but he would never be able to take his little sister with him safely.

we had a party here yesterday and there was another family with kids almost exactly the same age as ours - the older boy spent all day checking on his little sister, helping her put her shoes on/off for the trampoline, playing with her ect. It struck me how DS had never done anything like that without specific requests from me:(

Well done Sam :clap: and you Justine as well :thumbs:

I haven't sent my son yet on a similar task. I am stll afraid he might forget what he is supposed to do by the time he reaches a place. He tends to get lost in his own world in the middle of a task. I suppose I will have to have more trust in him. :unsure: because he is already 11 now!

Danaxxx