Hi, I have just found this site and am amazed at all the problems out there. My son (12) has just been diagnosed with Asperger's. I had to get a private assessment as no-one had been taking it seriously. I realised that if I did not find out what was 'wrong' with him I would crack up! He has only a mild condition but now that I know I can see the problems more easily. He goes to high school in August and nothing is in place for him and only about 3 weeks left to deal with it..... :wallbash: I have had an amazing amount of help fom outsiders, indeed but for one woman giving me the heads up about the ATT clinic in Edinburgh, I would still be pulling my hair out. I have a long way to go though. My hubby (not son's father) is finding it very difficult to understand and thinks I mollycoddle my son (which I don't) but hubby keeps winding him up not realising he cannot understand his joking then they both start arguing.......................

Son's father is good with him though but he only sees him during the holidays so he does tend to get mollycoddled there!

I will no doubt be using this forum a lot in my search for advice and help and it is great that so many people are willing to share their experiences to help others. :thumbs:

Welcome, there ia a NAS branch newly opened in aberdeen.

Welcome to the forum annross.

You'll find lots of support here and lots of collective wisdom. :)

K x

Hi, I have just found this site and am amazed at all the problems out there. My son (12) has just been diagnosed with Asperger's. I had to get a private assessment as no-one had been taking it seriously. I realised that if I did not find out what was 'wrong' with him I would crack up! He has only a mild condition but now that I know I can see the problems more easily. He goes to high school in August and nothing is in place for him and only about 3 weeks left to deal with it..... :wallbash: I have had an amazing amount of help fom outsiders, indeed but for one woman giving me the heads up about the ATT clinic in Edinburgh, I would still be pulling my hair out. I have a long way to go though. My hubby (not son's father) is finding it very difficult to understand and thinks I mollycoddle my son (which I don't) but hubby keeps winding him up not realising he cannot understand his joking then they both start arguing.......................

Son's father is good with him though but he only sees him during the holidays so he does tend to get mollycoddled there!

I will no doubt be using this forum a lot in my search for advice and help and it is great that so many people are willing to share their experiences to help others. :thumbs:

Hi, Welcome to the forum... im new here as well .. i have taken my son who is 11 out of school as he wasnt coping getting anxious ...now i am trying to get some help for when he will be going to comprensive in september.....i have got the diagnosis yet , but still in limbo which is driving me mad.....he isnt keen on going to the next school and is worried about it......i am pulling my hair out so i can understand how you have been feeling....... speak soon lindy

Hello Annross,

My son also doesn't understand when someone is joking with him and gets really wound up with them. It doesnt help that his father thinks there is nothing wrong with him.. he is in denial.

Alicia

Hello Annross,

My son also doesn't understand when someone is joking with him and gets really wound up with them. It doesnt help that his father thinks there is nothing wrong with him.. he is in denial.

Alicia

Hi, I have the same deial problem with my hubby........he blamed the school but how come he has same problems now he is out of school.....waiting to speak to educatioal psychologist....have heard he hd retired but is still doing some work ....and he might be on holiday at the moment so have to be patient..........speak soon lindy

Hi Annross

Welcome to the board :-) I'm in almost identical situation to you, except we don't have a diagnosis for DD yet. I'm also tearing my hair out about secondary school in Sept and desperately trying to get support in place before the end of term! At the moment our delay is waiting for the peadiatricians report - we saw her on 25th May and STILL haven't had a letter from her - which I need to take to secondary school when I talk to them. DD has an additional induction visit to her new school on wednesday this week which her current SENCO has arranged for 6 children who need it. Is anything like that being done for your DS?