Candyfloss

Hi IM new to this website - I have posted beofre but thought Id say Hi now

My name is candyfloss and I was diagnosed with mild autism about 4-5 years ago (i am now 18)

I had big school problems - I turned into this shy, quiet girl - never made a single friend:(

so i went to a mainstream school in year 7 - hospital school room in year 8 (was only mean to be there for a few weeks and turned into a year) - another mainstream school - again - didn't work out - then 2 years at a virtual school - didn't go for most of it - they let me stay for another year - i went most of the time - but the teachers bullied me! :(

laughing behind my back - saying - see you do know something - and just not liking me

People seem to think im very dumb and slow (its the first impression i give) - i can keep eye contact - its just it feels uncomfortable - like im staring into space!

I love animals and talk and sing to them alot :whistle:

Im 18 and act like a child - I like lego (i don't play with it but yea:p) - i like playing games - and just doing fun activities :)

Im alsonot really brainy like other people with as:( oh!:( :/

I have ADHD - cant concentrate:/ OCD

Hi, I have read your posts before and wanted to say a big hello to you!

It appears that everyone on the spectrum is very different in the ways that it affects them, there is no 'typical' just a lot of unique people dealing with a number of issues with a common denominator.

i have never been diagnosed with anything other than severe anxiety, never even thought about asd, but looking into it because of my sons, I have realised I have loads of aspie traits. One of the things you have mentioned is acting younger, and this is something I remember well from my youth, my parents would get really frustrated that I was still playing like a child well into my late teens, they would tell me I needed to 'grow up' and I was forced into being more of a typical teenager rather than just doing what I wanted to do, playing starwars , building airfix models and collecting cars! ( being a girl this was considered 'wrong' especially when I spent my first wages on airfix and matchbox cars- not make up and clothes)

Sorry to hear you had such a tough time at school, I also found making friends really difficult, still do, never had friends at school and even now I only have one good friend but dont feel the need to do any of the social things that everyone else seems to thrive on. People dont gernerally 'take' to me, Ive been described as standoffish, odd, difficult, emotionally retarded, shy, and freakish. thats just what they have told me, god only knows what they say when Im not around! But whatever, after 39 years I am happy to be me and wouldnt want to be anything less.

Welcome to both of you from an asperger.