edith simon

special telephone line protection to avoid business calls etc.

I am wondering how NASA could help us in that matter.My son is 24 and whenever the telephone rings I have to pick it up as it maybe about him even when he is out with a helper.

That would be my resting time.

however almost every day I receive 1-2 business,marketing research etc phonecallas in spite of the fact that we are out of directory.

I become very anxious when telephone rings as it could mean something bad happened to my son.So it disturbs my very limited resting time as I can not settle down again as fear stresses me up.

Any parents have this problem?

What could we do.

all the best

Edith

Could you get a cheap pay as you go mobile and give that number to the people taking your son out to call you on, then you can ignore the other phone / let an answer phone pick it up.

we are on caller preference scheme, its free and means the company can be fined £1000 for cold calling you

not a lot you can do about other calls, except invest in caller ID (which we also have) and ignore the calls you don't recognise the numbers from

we are on caller preference scheme, its free and means the company can be fined £1000 for cold calling you

not a lot you can do about other calls, except invest in caller ID (which we also have) and ignore the calls you don't recognise the numbers from

what is this callers preference scheme? how it is available,please?

Edith

Could you get a cheap pay as you go mobile and give that number to the people taking your son out to call you on, then you can ignore the other phone / let an answer phone pick it up.

That is a very good idea only I have to give all helpers a mobile . I think i will try.

thanks a lot

Edith

what is this callers preference scheme? how it is available,please?

Edith

just put your phone number in and it becomes illegal to cold call you. you'll still get a few (I always report them) but drastically reduced

Agree on both points. iI is worth paying the extra £2 a month for the peace of mind of caller ID.

just put your phone number in and it becomes illegal to cold call you. you'll still get a few (I always report them) but drastically reduced

After 30 days of registering and confirming your details any company that illegally calls you could be fined. i listen for the name of the person

and the company, good job i do as my debit card protection scheme had to ring me the other day. You can do this with a mobile number i think

or ask the mobile company for help.

If you tell them you are signed up to the Telephone Preference Scheme, they will hang up pretty sharpish.