lindy2017

school special needs

Hi Folks, I managed to speak with special needs teacher today and welfare officer i think thats who he was he sorts out the children who dont go to school....amyway i told him a bit more about my son and how ithought he had aspergers, he asked me some questions his history since birth etc., and other children in family......he did see my son on taster day and noticed how anxious he was and resisted doing some things.....he said after i visit dr on monday to tell them what happened as we want referral for Camhs[spelling]..........i felt so much better as this is the first time anyone listened and knew what i was talking about.... i di tell them my husband doesnt think there is anything wrong with him.......saying you have to go to school son does not help.... i home school him now and it was mentioned for in future if we have to but with more help and support......i know it will take time for dx but he thinks once the ball is rolling it wont be long beore a dx is made........thanks for everyones help on here......lindy

Hello lindy

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere :thumbs:

It is so nice when SOMEONE listens isn't it?!

Hope you get on ok with the doc.

Hi, Thanks for the reply its jsut hubby thats the one who cant accept there is anything wrong with him he said hes at it..................its making me stressed and mad.......................so very somber weekend him in shed playing pc and me inside.........lindy

Hi, Thanks for the reply its jsut hubby thats the one who cant accept there is anything wrong with him he said hes at it..................its making me stressed and mad.......................so very somber weekend him in shed playing pc and me inside.........lindy

Hi, my husband was the same showing no empathy for Jasmine and referring to his updragging and school. I made him take an adult asperger test on the net and yes he has it. After he started to learn about the symptoms it all started ticking boxes, and instead of having a go at my daughter, he realised he was the best person to help her. My husbands does not do small talk and hates me repeating myself to him. What you said just sounded like my husband a couple of years ago. Most of the time though he's a miserable person, depressed and anxious, difficult to live with. He had high blood pressure and this made him really grumpy, so glad he's on tablets now. I know what your going through it's so upsetting having to deal with your son and learn to understand how he ticks, when your husband sends conflicting message. Poor you and BIG HUG x x

Hi, my husband was the same showing no empathy for Jasmine and referring to his updragging and school. I made him take an adult asperger test on the net and yes he has it. After he started to learn about the symptoms it all started ticking boxes, and instead of having a go at my daughter, he realised he was the best person to help her. My husbands does not do small talk and hates me repeating myself to him. What you said just sounded like my husband a couple of years ago. Most of the time though he's a miserable person, depressed and anxious, difficult to live with. He had high blood pressure and this made him really grumpy, so glad he's on tablets now. I know what your going through it's so upsetting having to deal with your son and learn to understand how he ticks, when your husband sends conflicting message. Poor you and BIG HUG x x

Hi, I am so glad someone understands what i am going through....................i am not telling him anything that is happening with my son from now on unless he asks....because on friday when i picked him up from work and mentioned goign to gp he went into instant rage in car and he said thees nothing wrong with him......so i dont mention now my hubby has to go into hospital soon for hernia op he had his blood pressure taken and it was up 150/110 ........he is worrying about that......he has anxiety problems....just as well i ahve loads of patience but i also ahve ms so doesnt help my nerves have fatique and numb all down right side and short term memory loss .....although he forgots that he likes to concentrate on himself.......at least the secondary school special needs understand about aspergers and are concerned for my sons well being.......have to go now to pick him up as he doesnt drive......speak soon and thanks.....lindy

Hi, I just realisaed it struck a cord my hubby doesnt like small talk hes always putting his hand up to stop me talking if i say too much it drives me mad.....and he doesnt like me reapting myself or him having to as well............do you think the high blood pressure affects their mood.....my older children have aspie straits as well only one lives with me but have maanged to have a near normal life...............thnaks again lindy

Hi, I just realisaed it struck a cord my hubby doesnt like small talk hes always putting his hand up to stop me talking if i say too much it drives me mad.....and he doesnt like me reapting myself or him having to as well............do you think the high blood pressure affects their mood.....my older children have aspie straits as well only one lives with me but have maanged to have a near normal life...............thnaks again lindy

Hi Lindy, my husband doesn't drive either, he's just going off on one now because he wants to go out and I don't want to drive him. High blood pressure definately affects my husbands mood, and you will notice a difference once he take tablets for that. He might well have Aspergers, does he talk about him, himself and him all the time? There are some online tests he could do for it, though I'd wait until you get the blood pressure sorted out, it's like treading on egg shells isn't it. They sound like 2 peas in a pod, lol. x

Hi Lindy, my husband doesn't drive either, he's just going off on one now because he wants to go out and I don't want to drive him. High blood pressure definately affects my husbands mood, and you will notice a difference once he take tablets for that. He might well have Aspergers, does he talk about him, himself and him all the time? There are some online tests he could do for it, though I'd wait until you get the blood pressure sorted out, it's like treading on egg shells isn't it. They sound like 2 peas in a pod, lol. x

Hi, I dont think he will take the test at this moment in time.....he very negative about alot of .things .. wait for the list......police, teachers council workers,nurses, gay people,most people on tv........cant remember all the list....i have jsut came back from picking him my son and grandson from a nice area where there is nice walks etc., my son had blisters....had to drop them all off this morning before 10....he had been going on at my son for ages to go for walk as they used to do it alot more in the past......my s on didnt really want to go and was anxious about it for the last week or so.....but dad doesnt understand him him and is now saying i pamper him too much as he always b lam esfor anything thats not normal going on.....he did say on an outburst a few weeks ago that it was my fault all the children were crazy....mu elsest son who is 32 lives in scotland says he should look to himself first......as he thimks it odd that he comes home form work and goes in the shed unless its a sunny day or hehad a project the garden.........this has went on for years now....his mum thinks it odd.....hes the type that wont take tablets or wear glasses he says they make your eyes lazy....the story could go on ill tell you more in another chapter ... does your husband have strage ways.......lindy

Hi, I dont think he will take the test at this moment in time.....he very negative about alot of .things .. wait for the list......police, teachers council workers,nurses, gay people,most people on tv........cant remember all the list....i have jsut came back from picking him my son and grandson from a nice area where there is nice walks etc., my son had blisters....had to drop them all off this morning before 10....he had been going on at my son for ages to go for walk as they used to do it alot more in the past......my s on didnt really want to go and was anxious about it for the last week or so.....but dad doesnt understand him him and is now saying i pamper him too much as he always b lam esfor anything thats not normal going on.....he did say on an outburst a few weeks ago that it was my fault all the children were crazy....mu elsest son who is 32 lives in scotland says he should look to himself first......as he thimks it odd that he comes home form work and goes in the shed unless its a sunny day or hehad a project the garden.........this has went on for years now....his mum thinks it odd.....hes the type that wont take tablets or wear glasses he says they make your eyes lazy....the story could go on ill tell you more in another chapter ... does your husband have strage ways.......lindy

Oh yes your list and more, I call him a cross between Victor Meldrew and Mr Bean. He mainly buries his head in his laptop, he's not motivated to do anything in the house, unless I make the added effort to go mental at him. He wont wear a hearing aid. I had a major go at him last night, through my tears I told him he was not able to help Jasmine because he had not researched enough, so don't expect her to want to be with you, you don't understand her. WELL shock horror he's taken the day off work to come with me to see the CP. Also, my hubby is very into security like to be protected we have 2 rottweillers and many other things.... :shame: I think we should be email pals, we seem to have a lot in common, don't suppose you live down south?

Oh yes your list and more, I call him a cross between Victor Meldrew and Mr Bean. He mainly buries his head in his laptop, he's not motivated to do anything in the house, unless I make the added effort to go mental at him. He wont wear a hearing aid. I had a major go at him last night, through my tears I told him he was not able to help Jasmine because he had not researched enough, so don't expect her to want to be with you, you don't understand her. WELL shock horror he's taken the day off work to come with me to see the CP. Also, my hubby is very into security like to be protected we have 2 rottweillers and many other things.... :shame: I think we should be email pals, we seem to have a lot in common, don't suppose you live down south?

Hi, Good to hear from you.....i have said that victor meldrew.....and homer sometimes he likes beer.........he has done some nice work in garden put those like coloured stones down and made rockery etc., landscaped garden.....over the last few years so cant fault him for that but in between was the retreating to shed he knew himself it was wrong so has to ahve projects to keep him busy he says he does it for me........i am still waitinf fo letter for CAMHS.....i know it takes time....i am worried about him being in denial when i do actually tell him whats happening each step of the way........when we get appoitments for the various people......i live in south wales i am scottish met hubby in the highlands over 12 years ago second hubby 3 eldest children are to scottish hubby ......i will have to pm you to give my email addres.......that would be good.......speak soon lindy