baddad

Product placement on the BEEB?

Blimey - anyone noticed how many mentions Pimms is getting on the Wimbledon coverage this year? Disgraceful! Just shows the power of advertising - 15 years ago they couldn't give the stuff away, but now it's 'Pimms o'Clock' everyime the sun comes out...

Nice stuff, though, but pity they keep chipping away at the alcohol content. Cheap n cheerful alternative? True mother's ruin (gin) and red vermouth you have left over from the xmas drinks cabinet ;) lemonade and half a ton of fruit and bob's yer wossname. good thing is, you can add EXTRA gin... or use voddy or whisky or rum or whatever instead of the gin to make all the number 2 3 and 4 etc cups they don't sell in the UK anymore...

what time is it again? Oh yes, it's WIMBLEDON TIME!

L&P

BD (hic)

Somebody in my house drank some of my bottle of Pimms and now I have none left to see me through the rest of Wimbledon. I'm not very happy about that. :crying::shame: Especially as I can't afford to spend £16 (yes, really!) on a new one.

On the plus side though, my daughter and I went to Wimbs last Saturday and while we were standing in the queue we were given free ground passes by a random stranger. That enabled us to abandon the the queue and just saunter through the gate. :dance: How about that??! He obviously recognised class when he saw it. ;):whistle:

Having saved ourselves £40 we then treated ourselves to massive Haagen Dasz cones. £4.50 each!!!!! :hypno: But that's Wimbledon for you :rolleyes:.

K x

Somebody in my house drank some of my bottle of Pimms and now I have none left to see me through the rest of Wimbledon. I'm not very happy about that. :crying::shame: Especially as I can't afford to spend £16 (yes, really!) on a new one.

On the plus side though, my daughter and I went to Wimbs last Saturday and while we were standing in the queue we were given free ground passes by a random stranger. That enabled us to abandon the the queue and just saunter through the gate. :dance: How about that??! He obviously recognised class when he saw it. ;):whistle:

Having saved ourselves £40 we then treated ourselves to massive Haagen Dasz cones. £4.50 each!!!!! :hypno: But that's Wimbledon for you :rolleyes:.

K x

Sainsbury's are doing a litre bottle for about 10 quid on offer at the mo :D

Or they do an 'own brand' called pitchers or something that costs about six or seven quid...

Or try the gin and dubonnet tip above - it's very good, you know (apparently for the 'real' effect it should have a bit of orange liquer in it - orange curacao or summat - but i can't see the point if you're bunging in fruit anyway!) :lol:

Wasn't it nice of the organisers to switch on the big telly for all the fools on the hill today? :clap: And the atmosphere in the mixed dubbles yesterday was great :thumbs: Nice to see them enjoying themselves alongside of all the really serious stuff.

L&P

BD :D

I wish cucumber wasn't compulsory in Pimms.