Sign in to follow this  
mascot

world cup mascot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ninja: good day to all,my son spike who is seven won a competition to be a mascot at the world cup for the England team on 12th june,what makes this a nice story is the fact he has aspergers and he can be very anti social,spike was a very brave little boy and i ended up going with him on his trip to jo-burg we went for 5 days and i can truly say he enjoyed every bit of this once in a lifetime trip,we did a safari,visited an orphanage in soweto,and trip to gold reef city,and if that was nt enough we then went off to rustenburg and my little fella was placed with rob green the goalie ha ha,we know he let a goal in but this was spikes night so we can forgive rob.

in all i would like to say having an asc does impact on certain things in life but not everything and i feel that what my dude did by going to jo-burg first time on a plane and all was great and has helped him socially so much.

regards nik..proud mum of spike.

Edited by mascot

So it's his fault eh? Some lucky mascot! :lol:

Only joking, of course. I think everyone knew we were coming home when we drew Germany, and some among us were surprised we got that far!

Sounds like a great trip, though, on all levels (except the football) so well done Spike. :thumbs:

L&P

BD :D

Awwwwww how great for all of you :thumbs: That must be one great experience >:D<<'> The safari etc. wouldnt be a big deal to me as I grew up in SA but I know my kids who were born here would love it,dont know if they could handle the 11 hour flight though :)