Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Clay Glue?

Does anyone have any bright ideas as to which type of glue works to stick together air-dried clay models? Some of mine had a little accident and attempted the high dive with devastating consequences. :tearful:

The trouble is that air-dry clay (the light grey stuff) is very powdery on the surface so I'm concerned that anything will just stick to the powder rather than actually sticking the legs etc. back on my models. :(

I think I have use PVA before for this sort of thing, it is good for sticking most porous things together.(dont use it to stick a cup handle on, it will fall off, or should I say the cup will fall off the handle when full of hot tea.)

It is also used diluted for bonding dusty surfaces as well as a general additive (In building work) to help things stick.

Thanks Chris :thumbs: PVA seems to be working so far (I am currently holding an assortment of wet limbs waiting for the glue to dry and typing with one finger! :lol:). The shop only had large bottles of PVA (where's Woolworths when you need it :huh:) so I might try coating them in diluted PVA to make them dust free and possibly stronger. :)