Sign in to follow this  
baddad

3D telly? I've seen it. It's rubbish...

Took Ben and his mate to cinema yesterday to watch Toy Story 3 in 3D. There was an ad on for 3D tv, and a couple of seconds into it the pic went blurry, so I put my 3D specs on and it was still awful.

'Is this supposed to be 3D?' I said, 'It's cr@p.'

'No, it's really good' said Ben and his mate, 'cor 3D football! Great'

'But it's all fuzzy and out of focus' I said

'No, it's great' sez they.

'Well I'm not going to be buying one' I said, 'That's even worse than the old 3d we used to watch at the cinema in the 70's'...

About a minute later I realised I had tucked my 3D specs into my pocket and was trying to watch the ad with my sunglasses on! Cue gales of derisive laughter from Ben & Mate...

'Pity it's the holidays, he said - I can't wait to tell everyone at school about that one, you idiot'... :rolleyes:

L&P

BD :D

:shame: :shame: BD, you owe me a new laptop, I've just spat tea all over mine reading your post... :lol: :lol:

Sometimes a cup of tea clearly isn't the answer (yes, I saw you stole/adjusted my quotation :shame: some people just have no imagination to come up with their own original material... :whistle:)

Anyways, how's Toy Story 3 in 3D? Does it follow on from watching the others in flat mode? We were thinking of finding somewhere showing it in 2D, use the money we save to spend on popcorn and probably be less busy too... :unsure:

:shame: :shame: BD, you owe me a new laptop, I've just spat tea all over mine reading your post... :lol: :lol:

Sometimes a cup of tea clearly isn't the answer (yes, I saw you stole/adjusted my quotation :shame: some people just have no imagination to come up with their own original material... :whistle:)

Anyways, how's Toy Story 3 in 3D? Does it follow on from watching the others in flat mode? We were thinking of finding somewhere showing it in 2D, use the money we save to spend on popcorn and probably be less busy too... :unsure:

It was absolutely brill! The nice thing was they didn't 'over do' the 3D - all those tired, clichhe moments of wather squirting over the audience and things hovering over their heads - they just kept it 'natural'.

Most of the audience seemed to really like 'Spanish Buzz' - especially the dancing - and Ken's fashion parade. I've gotta say too that the almost-but-not-quite-the-end scenes made even this hard hearted old cynic (;) ) slightly less hard-hearted and cynical....

If you do go watch out for the MISTAKE... I ran it past Ben and his mate and they both agreed it was a major continuity error... :o

My lips are sealed, but a photocopy of a five pound gift voucher to the first person who can spot it.

L&P

BD :D