Sign in to follow this  
KezT

*sigh* NHS/Paed changes

I called DS's paed today to try to arrange an appt to discuss his noises/possible tourettes. His regular annual appt is usually in January so I thought it would be sensible to try to get something earlier than that.

I got through to be told that his paed (who he has had since pre-dx) has retired, and he hasn't been allocated another one as there are 2 paed's down now!

Surely they should have contacted us to let us know his pead was retiring? And that he would be transferred to someone else? Not impressed that they seemed to think they could just drop him off their radar alltogether!

I expect the referral to the neuro OT will have disappeared into the ether now too:(

hurumph!

Ds dropped off the radar of a couple of services - OTs and SALT. I re-referred him to the SALT service myself, and it turns out he hadn't been formally discharged, so he got a SALT again. Didn't bother with OTs. They had been brilliant. Unable to give him the therapy he needed directly, because of resources, but gave us loads of information and demonstrations of technique, so we were well equipped by them.

cb