JsMum

What a statement should look like.

I've printed that off and filed it for reference.

Statements do need to be specific so that everyone knows what the child is entitled to. If there is any argument going on between parents/LEA/School about provision outlined in the Statement (or missing from it), then the Statement is not specific enough.

I thought my son's Statement was very specific, but there were some weaknesses in it which I am attempting to get tightened up now.

But at least this document does set out good examples. I think anyone who is 'new' to this process (and even many who are not), do not see examples of the wording of other Statements to know how specific they can and should be.

Thanks for posting this, I've saved it. My son has only just been diagnosed so obviously not spoken to school about it yet and we really don't have a clue where to start re. statements so this is very helpful :)

Thanks for this link, its a really useful guide and I have passed it on to others already!